Dr. Appt?

I just took a pregnancy test, and it was positive!!!!! How soon should I go to the doctor and make sure it was correct??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:10 PM on Sep. 4, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• Call and let them know as soon as you can. When they actually see you depends on the doctor and any complications you may have had in the past. Some doctors want to see you as soon as possible no matter what to make sure everything's going well. Others won't see you until you're 10-12 week along unless you have a problem. Regardless, go ahead and call and make the appointment, and don't hesitate to call before your appointment if you have any issues or are anxious about things.
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 10:54 PM on Sep. 4, 2009

• CONGRATS!! You should call the doc today and tell them, see when they want you to come in!
    Tiera12

Answer by Tiera12 at 2:11 PM on Sep. 4, 2009

• All Docs are different on when they want to start seeing you. Call you OB/GYN and see what they recommend.
    team21

Answer by team21 at 2:56 PM on Sep. 4, 2009

• I called right away but my first appt wasn't until I was 7 weeks along.
    mommytobrooke

Answer by mommytobrooke at 3:17 PM on Sep. 4, 2009

• Mine made me wait until I was 8 weeks (by my last period) for my 1st visit.
    But..I went to the Health Department 4 days after I took a hpt and got a blood test.
    Maya09

Answer by Maya09 at 3:20 PM on Sep. 4, 2009

• they usually want to see you when you are 6-8 weeks pregnant, thats when the fetus has a heartbeat, but call today, congrats
    newmom092009

Answer by newmom092009 at 4:55 PM on Sep. 4, 2009

• I'd call now if for no other reason that to make sure there's a spot for you. My OB takes at least a month to get in to.
    2murphyboys

Answer by 2murphyboys at 6:52 PM on Sep. 4, 2009