TTC

Does the whole laying in bed with your butt on a pillow really work or with your legs up in the air? How many mommy's have been successful in doing this?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:13 PM on Sep. 4, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• I seriously don't know! I think making your body healthy is a good start. Being strong. Eating Well & right. Being on A good mulit vitamin with folic acid etc... Reading up on things Etc..But I wish you the Baby you hope for! And the healthy body, Easy delivery & most perfect Baby. This is just common sense thoughts and my sincere wishes you get the baby you hope for! Best of Luck!!
    Angellinda

Answer by Angellinda at 2:36 PM on Sep. 4, 2009

• The chance of this working is sooooooo extremely slim it's not even funny.
    2murphyboys

Answer by 2murphyboys at 6:54 PM on Sep. 4, 2009

• Some people will swear it works, but scientifically, it doesn't matter. What leaks out of you when you stand up doesn't have much sperm in it, it's mostly just filler. And even if it did have viable amounts of sperm, the amount that leaks out is nothing compared to what stays in and does the job. So if you get up and go to the bathroom right after you have sex, you're not hurting your chances of conceiving.

Case in point: I got pregnant with my second standing up and using the bathroom immediately afterward.

Timing is more important than anything, and the only thing that really matters (assuming no fertility problems).
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 11:00 PM on Sep. 4, 2009

• I've read that it does help and that it doesn't help. I lay there for about 10 minutes before getting up. It couldn't hurt. Goodluck!!
    MeghanLC

Answer by MeghanLC at 9:05 PM on Sep. 5, 2009