Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My good friends wife just miscarried tripets at 5 months along. What should I do?

I barely know her, but he is a very good friend of mine. Should I send flowers? or go over there? Do they want visitors, or just to be left alone? I've struggled with where to put this question, and I'm truly sorry if anyone is offended because I put it in the pregnancy section.


Asked by onethentwins at 2:19 PM on Sep. 4, 2009 in Pregnancy

Level 22 (12,497 Credits)
This question is closed.
Answers (15)
  • Oh yes I would most definitely send flowers. Don't know about visitors though. That may be more than she can handle. Small talk would be hell in my opinion.

    That's such awful news. I'm so sorry for your friend...

    Answer by blessed3times at 6:33 PM on Sep. 4, 2009

  • 5 months is still born I would just be there if she needs to talk.

    I lost a baby at 16 weeks I just wanted someone to talk to.


    Answer by Anonymous at 2:22 PM on Sep. 4, 2009

  • thers real not much you can do for her. just let her know that there for her and i would call and check on her and see if she needs any thing. i would not send flowersor any thing. i know after i had my i hated when people told me that every thing happens for a reason and that i will get pregnant again. so good luck

    Answer by Anonymous at 2:24 PM on Sep. 4, 2009

  • just be a true friend to her be there for he when she need someone to talk to hun soon or later she will open up and just prey for her and she will be in mine hun good luck~!

    Answer by amyershoney at 2:26 PM on Sep. 4, 2009

  • i think sending flowers would be nice. if it were me, i wouldn't want visitors other than maybe my best friend or mom. :(

    Answer by Stefanie83 at 2:29 PM on Sep. 4, 2009

  • Maybe you can bring her a nice dinner. A homemade one, that she only has to heat up. I would just call and tell her you heard about what happened and would like to bring them dinner. No visiting necessary.

    Answer by Nathskitten at 2:33 PM on Sep. 4, 2009

  • I think flowers or a card would be nice to let her know that you are thinking of her and offer your sympathies. I'm very sorry for her loss, I'm sure it's a very difficult time for her and her husband.

    Answer by summerleigh at 2:33 PM on Sep. 4, 2009

  • Oh thats horrible... You can't anything to take the pain away but maybe just bring over a nice sympathy card and a good meal since I'm sure nobody's cooking.

    Answer by KayLundy3 at 2:34 PM on Sep. 4, 2009

  • I would probably send a condolence card with a note saying basically that you are so sorry for their loss. I would not send flowers, and since you don't know her well I wouldn't go over there either; if I were her I probably wouldn't want any people around other than my very closest friends and relatives. I would send the card now, and possibly call in a few days to ask if there is anything you can do for them. I think this expresses your sympathy without adding to their burden.

    Or, if you know someone who is close to her, you might ask them what would be best under the circumstances.

    Answer by Anonymous at 2:35 PM on Sep. 4, 2009

  • Ask your friend if there is anything his wife would like

    Answer by Gealach at 2:51 PM on Sep. 4, 2009