can anyone help me my hair is falling out!?

does anyone know of any reasons this may happen,

rosepetalluv

Asked by rosepetalluv at 2:30 PM on Sep. 4, 2009 in Beauty & Style

• what kind of hair products do you use? It can be the shampoo and conditioner you use. cause i had that problem every time i used pantene pro-v products and when i changed hair products it quit falling out. or you could be stressed and that could cause hair loss too. if anything see your doctor.
    mrs.altshue

Answer by mrs.altshue at 2:39 PM on Sep. 4, 2009

• It can be due to stress, it may be inherrited, or it could be due to a hormone imbalance or other medical condition. If you aren't particularly stressed and no other women in your family have this problem, then go see your doctor. When it happened to me it turned out to be a thyroid problem.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:40 PM on Sep. 4, 2009

• Hair can fall out up to a year postpartum, and it is completely normal.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:17 PM on Sep. 4, 2009

• I've had this same problem a few months back. Good thing it was lessened. I believe that one great factor for this is stress. I just gave birth then. Maybe I was stressed? lol...
    Kryng

Answer by Kryng at 11:43 PM on Sep. 4, 2009

• If you've given birth not that long ago, it is very normal for your hair to fall out. When you're pregnant your hair doesn't fall out at the rate it does before you were pregnant. So after you have the baby your hormones are shifting back to normal-so you shed the hair that you didnt' while you were pregnant Should go away after 4-5 months (back to normal at least). If you didn't have a baby recently, could be stress, a lack of vitamins in your system. If you're really worried about it talk to your doctor.
    WendyJR

Answer by WendyJR at 8:38 AM on Sep. 7, 2009

• Mine was falling out until I started taking vitamins. Now my hair and nails are nice and strong. I get compliments all the time on how thick and shiny my hair is. Could be also the shampoo I use.
    marywoz

Answer by marywoz at 2:30 PM on Sep. 9, 2009