How old is your bible?

My bible has the front cover missing but I don't want to get rid of it.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:30 PM on Sep. 4, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• I have one that is 20 years old and one that is 2 years old.
    KennsWifey

Answer by KennsWifey at 2:32 PM on Sep. 4, 2009

• 137 years old and it has been in my family for 137 years.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 3:03 PM on Sep. 4, 2009

• As a child, I remember my 4th Grade Sunday School Teacher showing me her Bible and I was shocked to see that it was old and in poor condition. Then she asked why we thought that was so and afterwards explained to us that it should be the most worn book in the house. It is meant to be read, and read and read.
    KOR537

Answer by KOR537 at 3:08 PM on Sep. 4, 2009

• I have one that was my great grandmothers she got it in the 20's, but the one i use everyday i received 5 years ago.
    mrsjonzy

Answer by mrsjonzy at 4:14 PM on Sep. 4, 2009

• The one I have was given to me before I served my mission so its about 15 yrs old.
    We dont have a family Bible which I think would be cool.
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 4:54 PM on Sep. 4, 2009

• I have one that's about 60 years old and one that's about 20 years old. Oh, and one that's about 12 years old. The oldest one was my granny's when she was younger. The other ones were gifts. Mostly they just sit on the shelf but I keep them around for reference alongside my other books about world religions.
    RhondaVeggie

Answer by RhondaVeggie at 5:52 PM on Sep. 4, 2009

• The oldest Bibles I have was printed in the 40's and belonged to my great-grandmother.

My husband's oldest Bible was printed about 1950, we think, and belonged to his great-grandmother as well.

I'd love to get a hold of a really old copy, though.

=)
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 7:36 PM on Sep. 4, 2009

• My others are relatively new - between 2 and 5 years old, I think (all my older copies (like 10 years old) are still at my mother's house)
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 7:37 PM on Sep. 4, 2009

• Oh, and I have a Precious Moments Bible I was given as an infant that's 22 years old now, lol.

=D
    bandgeek521