What does the phrase, "Washed in the blood of water" mean?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:40 PM on Sep. 4, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• I think the saying is washed in blood or water...may be wrong but country song says this. I think it means are you baptized (washed in the water) or you really live it/are SAVED = washed in the blood.
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 2:43 PM on Sep. 4, 2009

• than that must be why I can't figure it out LOL i don't even know what it says. It keeps ringing through my head.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:45 PM on Sep. 4, 2009

• Really dont trust me on this one lol Im just guessing but washed in the blood is definately refering to being cleansed by batism throught hte blodd of Jesus' death. So really they are using water but his blood being shed is what actually cleanses us...
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 3:22 PM on Sep. 4, 2009

• I believe it's a question people use to ask which was " are you washed in the blood or just in the water?" Meaning are you a believer in christ?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:09 PM on Sep. 4, 2009

• Well, I'm not criticizing,but it is "washed in the blood of the lamb",not water. What it means is that when you are saved, you are washed, not literally,figuratively,in Jesus' precious blood,He shed on the cross to save us all. While on the cross, the soldiers, in an attempt to see if He was indeed dead, pierced His side with a spear,and His blood spilled all over them,and they knew then,He was in fact the Son of God, and exactly Who He had been telling them He was. Why He is called the Lamb, is because He became the Sacrifice for the world. The perfect, sinless Lamb, sacrificed for everyone to do for us what we were unable to do for ourselves, save our souls from eternal damnation,and separation from Him. Hope that helps explain it some.
    stvmen88

Answer by stvmen88 at 5:09 PM on Sep. 4, 2009

• ria7 seems to be right.
    I googled:
    "Her momma wants to know
    Am I washed in the blood or just in the water
    Her daddy wants to know
    If I make enough to take his daughter"
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:31 PM on Sep. 4, 2009

• I AM WASHED IN THE BLOOD OF JESUS :)
    ilovemyboys21

Answer by ilovemyboys21 at 5:03 AM on Sep. 6, 2009