How do I help him?

Thought I would get more responses here. I am the oldest of 3. I have a younger sister and a younger brother. I am 43, she is 41 and he is 37. On July 5th our father/divorced and remarried..had some sort of cardiac event while in his pool and drown. (Never swim alone people) anyway, he died so abruptly. He was 67 and not even retired. Since then, my brother whom my sis and I are very close to has become like a robot. Cold, unemotional, very very angry. All of these a part of the process I suppose. But we are worried for him. He is married with two young girls, I feel for his family. It is like I don't know who he is anymore. He does not like to show emotion. Something has to give. We have tried to give him time, it's only been 2 mo's but he seems to be getting darker and darker. He has a short fuse, how do I approach him? What do I say? He needs help whether he knows it or not.

salexander

Asked by salexander at 2:41 PM on Sep. 4, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Maybe just have like a get together with the brother and sister and all just talk about what your feeling and pay close attention in trying to get his emotions out, maybe knowing how you all feel will make him feel comfortable enought to let his out too. Good Luck
    NicholeAT

Answer by NicholeAT at 2:46 PM on Sep. 4, 2009

• I'm very sorry for your loss. Maybe you could talk him into going to grief counseling.
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 2:44 PM on Sep. 4, 2009

• He sounds depressed. what i would do is start going to a therapist yourself. Then explain your concerns about him, and ask him to come along to talk with your dad to the therapist. have her get a handle on him. Then get her advice how to proceed. Yes, it could be expensive, but isn't your borther and his family's health worth it? I am so sorry for your loss sweetie. I can't pretend to know how you feel, but I do know that I am available if you need to talk.
    mama4Christ361

Answer by mama4Christ361 at 3:08 PM on Sep. 4, 2009