How do you deal with bashing?

x bashes me to my step children evry chance she gets, i make sure that the children know that its not okay for her to do that about me or there father. it hurts the kids. She thinks and says that she can say whatever she wants to her kids.

Asked by HotmomSimondi at 3:50 PM on Jun. 23, 2008 in General Parenting

• I have long worried about this, I finally decided that my kids (step) will grow to know the real me and see that the things their aunts and uncles say about me are not true. Then call ME MOM by choice and seem to know after 3 years that I am not what they say about me. Their bio mom had passed away 2 years ago. Sometimes its just a matter of letting her crap go and letting the kids learn who and what you really are. I always try to be fair and honest with everything. I respect their mother and her memory. I even kept her love letters to my Husband for them along with some of her clothes, nick naks, books, and her wedding rings for them when they get older. I even bought a locket for the oldest and put a picture of their mother in it.

Answer by PTBAAMom at 4:01 PM on Jun. 23, 2008

• the your man to have her stop. that's his job to support you emotionally!

Answer by katiesmom123 at 7:38 PM on Jun. 23, 2008