Are your toddlers grumpy in the morning?

I have to FIGHT to get my 15 month old up in the mornings. She sleeps from 7:30 pm to 7 am and takes a nap from noon to 2 pm, so its not like she isn't gettting enough sleep, but I have to wake her up like a teenager or something, going in her room five or six times before she is actually awake. Are your toddlers like this, too?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:42 PM on Sep. 4, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• My son wakes up around 7, comes downstairs eats his cereal and watches cartoons until about 9. As long as all of that goes as he planned he's okay. If we need to leave earlier, run out of cereal, no milk, or anything messes with his plan all hell breaks loose!
    Chandra034

Answer by Chandra034 at 3:58 PM on Sep. 4, 2009

• My 16mo. old goes to bed at 7pm and wakes up at 7am. He takes a nap either from 10am to 12pm or 1pm to 3pm depending on our scedule for the day. I have 3 boys and have only experienced something similar with my middle son. Even as an infant i had to wake him up at night if he slept more than 4hrs. to feed him and he had breastmilk which means they usually eat more often at night too. I think it all depends on the babies/toddlers personality. I wish my other 2 would sleep in more often. my oldest son who is 4 always wakes me up by comming in our room and saying "mommy, the sun is up"lol
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:47 PM on Sep. 4, 2009

• if I wake her up (heck if I wake up ALL my kids) they're grumpy - but if I let them get up on their own. they're ok.

hypermamaz

Answer by hypermamaz at 2:48 PM on Sep. 4, 2009

• My daughter is all smiles in the morning, it's the cutest!
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 2:55 PM on Sep. 4, 2009