What country do you think has the best educational system?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:45 PM on Sep. 4, 2009 in

• I don't think its a country by country thing....every province (state) and city is different. even the different school systems are different. teach the same thing pretty much but in different ways.

I've never been to school in a different country but I know that from a rural school to a separate catholic school things are WAY different. I prefer the catholic schooling to the other.
    hypermamaz

Answer by hypermamaz at 2:47 PM on Sep. 4, 2009

• I agree with the pp, it can vary so much just by regions in a country, and private vs public, that to judge a country's educational system overall is difficult. Any country that strives to educate all of it's citizens though, has the right idea.
    canadianmom1974

Answer by canadianmom1974 at 3:06 PM on Sep. 4, 2009

• Norway has a good system.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:26 PM on Sep. 4, 2009

• Norway
    Sweden
    Japan
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:17 PM on Sep. 4, 2009

• Just a little side note. Norway and Sweden have incredible high literacy rates which is often credited to their schools systems. This is a contributing factor. But one thing often overlooked is the fact that their languages are much less complicates than English. Since it is easier to learn, of course more people learn to read.

English is one of the most difficult languages to learn to read because most of our phonics conventions only apply 60-80% of the time.

Since I have no first hand experience with foriegn school systems I really dont' have an opinion on this question.

MAUREEN55

Answer by MAUREEN55 at 7:24 PM on Sep. 4, 2009

• China , Japan
    Ibelongtojesus

Answer by Ibelongtojesus at 9:58 AM on Sep. 5, 2009

• Not the US. I would have to say China or Japan. They value education a lot more than the US does.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 10:56 AM on Sep. 5, 2009

• China..Japen...Germany..all the countries where they are required to learn other languages (like Germany)..definantly not the USA
    hug4akiss

Answer by hug4akiss at 3:01 PM on Sep. 5, 2009

• Ireland has a great system
    Lillette

Answer by Lillette at 11:55 AM on Sep. 9, 2009

• I remember reading somewhere that Japan has the #1 education system in the world, but that was a few years ago so things could have changed by now...
    ethans_momma06

Answer by ethans_momma06 at 6:29 PM on Jul. 18, 2010