What can I do about a staff member that keeps asking my child questions at his school!

4supermom

Asked by 4supermom at 2:47 PM on Sep. 4, 2009 in

• Questions about what?
    Gealach

Answer by Gealach at 2:48 PM on Sep. 4, 2009

• What kind of ? Tell your kid to tell him to ask you not him,
    NicholeAT

Answer by NicholeAT at 2:50 PM on Sep. 4, 2009

• You need to provide more information.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:22 PM on Sep. 4, 2009

• Yeah? Um you really need to be more specific because this otherwise seems normal.
    OneToughMami

Answer by OneToughMami at 3:41 PM on Sep. 4, 2009

• What type of questions,if,she feels there is abuse,she have every right to ask questions,if,she is being outright newsy,you can report her.

lady-t3984

Answer by lady-t3984 at 3:58 PM on Sep. 4, 2009

• I don't know, you need to provide more info.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 6:55 PM on Sep. 4, 2009

• Be grateful someone is taking an interest in your child.

MAUREEN55

Answer by MAUREEN55 at 8:20 PM on Sep. 4, 2009

• Teachers and other staff have the right to ask questions if they are concerned about your child's well being. If they are nosey, then ask to meet with the principal. What are the staff member's title and what are they asking, and why does it bother you?

Teachermom01

Answer by Teachermom01 at 9:48 PM on Sep. 4, 2009

• It depends on the questions and how they are asked. If they suspect abuse it is not necessarily true that they should ask questions. Trained professionals ask non leading questions. For example: asking a child, "Did Daddy touch your private parts?" if suspected sexual abuse is leading. You can't say Daddy or private parts. You can say, "tell me more" or "It is my job to let people know to help you if something is not right." You let the child do the directing. Some teachers do ask very inappropriate questions to suit their curiosity. I had teachers I worked with ask children to tell them about the death they witnessed or about the sexual assault that occurred. It seems unreal but it did happen every day. If you feel a teacher has crossed the line go to that teacher. If it is many staff members go to the principal or the district office. You and your child deserve fairness and privacy.  It may be okay or not.

frogdawg

Answer by frogdawg at 10:04 PM on Sep. 4, 2009

• I'd be visiting the school and asking wtf?

Answer by admckenzie at 7:14 PM on Sep. 5, 2009