Is it weird that I like to chew on...

Sand? I don't want to do it all of the time, but if I come across a stray grain or three of sand, say under my fingernails after playing with my kids, I relish the gritty crunch of it between my teeth, and I wish there were more of it, so I could chew it up.

I'm not pregnant (had a tubal after my last child), and I didn't have any non-food cravings while pregnant.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:54 PM on Sep. 4, 2009 in Health

• Perhaps you shouldn't. Ask your dentist, but I suspect it could harm the enamel on your teeth.

Answer by Bmat at 2:56 PM on Sep. 4, 2009

• well when u crave weird things like that it means ur body is missing something.. that sand has something in it u want and ur body knows it.. check with a dr
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:57 PM on Sep. 4, 2009

• sounds like Pica(disorder) - your body's way of telling you that you're missing something - most often a mineral deficiency.

hypermamaz

Answer by hypermamaz at 3:00 PM on Sep. 4, 2009