Romance after a baby?

I just recently had my first born, about 6 weeks ago. And I've noticed the tole it's taken on me and my fiance's relationship already. She takes up so much of my time, and then when I have some time, he's usually busy doing something. Plus I'm breastfeeding so it's not like I can just hand her off to someone for a little while, but still...it's so hard. Does anyone have any ideas or advice as to keeping the romance alive, even after a kid?

contrariant

Asked by contrariant at 3:05 PM on Sep. 4, 2009 in Relationships

• BABIES SLEEP....AND HE WON'T BE TOO BUSY IF YOU THROW ON SOME PERFUME, BUT ASOME MASCARA ON, THROW ON SOME BLUSH, AN ATTRACTIVE SLIP...OR SOME SHORT SHORTS AND JUST HAPPEN TO DROP SOMETHING RIGHT WERE HE'S SITTING. AND after 6weeks of baby, baby, baby, your hubby needs some attention too, and so do you. So go buy a breast pump...pump a couple bottles...call your mom, or his mom, or a friend, or someone you trust, drop her off (do it now cause in about 9 months she'll be kicking and screaming everytime you go) and go out to dinner and a movie, or just run back home and enjoy the silence, enjoy eachother, talk, make love, make dinner, and then go pick up your daughter and know that you did a happy, and rested mommy and daddy are better then a sexually deprived, frustrated mommy and daddy! good luck
    abbyg

Answer by abbyg at 3:14 PM on Sep. 4, 2009

• I agree get a breast pump. Pump while the baby is sleeping that way you get more milk for her to eat when you aren't breastfeeding. Give your fiance a night to remember. And find someone who will give you a break. Plus yes the baby does sleep. You need to find a routine to fall into so that you can put some time in for your fiance.
    suzyb1980

Answer by suzyb1980 at 3:17 PM on Sep. 4, 2009