is there or isnt there?

ya the jahovahs were just over...no big deal.the woman said that her mother had died and was in a hospice and had suffered.well what was i sapposed to say.so i said now she is in a better place.she said no ashes to ashes...i asked if she believed there wasnt a heaven she said yes it is never mentioned in the bible.what is your thoughts.i always believed there was but maybe its just my thinking???

nana77500

Asked by nana77500 at 3:06 PM on Sep. 4, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• i believe ppl go to some place not sure if its heaven but it is some place.. when u see ghosts i believe that ghost are ppl that are stuck and dont know how to get on the other side (heaven)... i dont believe in hell or god though
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:09 PM on Sep. 4, 2009

• Well yes our physical body will return to dust which is where we came from but our spirit which is the breathe of Life will return to the Lord to await Judgment . Depending on whether or not the mother know Jesus as her Lord and Savior will determine her eternal destiny.
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 3:14 PM on Sep. 4, 2009

• I believe strongly that there is. I was very close to my grandmother, she was a wonderful and spiritual, remarkable woman. After she died, I prayed at church to please show me a sign that she is okay. The priest talk at mass that day was so about who my grandmother was and it connected so deeply that I knew it was the sign. Later that night, I smelled my grandmothers cologne while I was just sitting and watching tv.

I have only shared this with a couple of people, but it's very real and I have no doubts.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:31 PM on Sep. 4, 2009

• It's all up to you, honey. Nobody can make that decision except you. I think the chances of there being an afterlife are about 1 billion to none.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 3:33 PM on Sep. 4, 2009

• I believe there is a heaven... there is a God,,, there is a devil. I believe in all of it... even ghosts. In the end we will all know for sure one day but what does it hurt to believe. :)
    abshorn

Answer by abshorn at 3:45 PM on Sep. 4, 2009

• Matthew 5:34 But I tell you, never swear an oath. Don't swear an oath using the name of heaven, because heaven is God's throne.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:58 PM on Sep. 4, 2009

• I absolutely believe there is a heaven. The woman was wrong about the bible not talking about it.

Philippians 3:20-21 But our citizenship is in heaven. And we eagerly await a Savior from there, the Lord Jesus Christ, who, by the power that enables him to bring everything under his control, will transform our lowly bodies so that they will be like his glorious body.

1 Peter 1:3-5 Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ! In his great mercy he has given us new birth into a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead, and into an inheritance that can never perish, spoil or fade—kept in heaven for you, who through faith are shielded by God's power until the coming of the salvation that is ready to be revealed in the last time.

AngelDawn7

Answer by AngelDawn7 at 4:03 PM on Sep. 4, 2009

• I know Jehovah's Witnesses don't believe you go anywhere when you die...you just die. I was surprised by this too when I learned it. I think they believe you stay in your grave until judgment day or something....someone else would have to clarify that.
    metalcowgirl34

Answer by metalcowgirl34 at 5:07 PM on Sep. 4, 2009

• I am going with heaven.
    Kattykitten

Answer by Kattykitten at 5:36 PM on Sep. 4, 2009

• Ok, here we go. JWs believe that there is a heaven. It's biblical! However, they do not believe that your soul goes there upon death. The bible states that only 144,000 will assend to heaven. The rest will be reborn to live on earth in a perfect world after the Armegedon. The bible can and does actually support both beliefs - On one hand it clearly states that the dead are "conscious of nothing" and that there is "no knowledge nor wisdom in She'ol" (Ec. 9:5, 10) And it also speaks of those that will go in to heaven, the 144,000 (Rev.14) as well as a paradise earth in the Loads Prayer when it says "Your will be done, On EARTH, as in heaven" So there is no doubt that Heaven is in the bible. The difference is in the beliefs surrounding death and what happens afterwards. While most Christians believe that Heaven & Hell are places that human souls go, JWs do not, they believe that the earth will be restored to paradice for people.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 5:43 PM on Sep. 4, 2009