Is this a sweet thing to say? I've never been told this before...

Ok, so this guy isn't technically my boyfriend but we say I love you and talk everyday and spend time together...it's a relationship without the title, we've agreed. He hasn't met my son yet and we said that since we didn't have school on Monday (he's a teacher and I'm in college) that we would hang out all day and he would meet Blake. I don't have a problem with this because it is the right time for it. But when I asked him why he wanted to meet him he said "cause he is part of you." Exact words. Now is that really sweet or what? I'm not sure what to think about it and might be reading into it too much. He doesn't need to say things like that to get me to be with him so it wasn't a line or anything. I was just curious because noone else has ever said something like that or taken an interest in meeting my son before.

SaraP1989

Asked by SaraP1989 at 3:13 PM on Sep. 4, 2009 in Just for Fun

• That is very sweet. He's just being an honest man. He's a keeper. :)
    sugarmama01

Answer by sugarmama01 at 3:15 PM on Sep. 4, 2009

• i think he wants u lol.....(ur a keeper)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:15 PM on Sep. 4, 2009

• Sounds like a good guy. Congratulations.
    Anonymous

• It means your son is part of the package. If he wants you he has to have your son too.
    Anonymous

• That is sweet my husband told me the same thing when we started dating
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 3:16 PM on Sep. 4, 2009

• Lol, I told him that is the second sweetest thing he's ever said to me (the first was when he said talking to me was like riding a rollarcoaster and that he likes rollarcoasters). It just seemed kinda off to me just because no-one's ever said it to me before.
    SaraP1989

Answer by SaraP1989 at 3:18 PM on Sep. 4, 2009

• DEFENITELY CLASSIFIES AS A KEEPER! VERY SWEET!

Answer by older at 3:19 PM on Sep. 4, 2009

• It is very sweet. Plus, it shows he also knows that with you comes a child and he's able to accept that. He's a keeper. Some men don't want to deal with another man's child.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:29 PM on Sep. 4, 2009

• That's usually what a man says when he wants to be a part of your life when you are a single mother. He wouldn't ask if he didn't want to be part of your life somehow. I read your other question too. He might not be ready to be a father, that doesn't mean he doesn't want to get to know your son. A positive male influence does not need to be a father at all. Maybe he is ready to show your son that men aren't all dirt bags. He knows to be part of your life he has to be part of this child's life. Unlike my SIL's boyfriend who said he plans to just not be around when she's with her daughter...
    OneToughMami

Answer by OneToughMami at 3:39 PM on Sep. 4, 2009