smokers

i always wonder what got u smoking? and if you could back to that day you lit that cig would you just throw it away?

piwife

Asked by piwife at 3:26 PM on Sep. 4, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I don't remember how I started and it wasn't just ONE cigarette that started the habit.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:29 PM on Sep. 4, 2009

• Not sure why I started and YES if I could go back to that day now, I would make a different choice. I'm trying so hard to quit...
    theutilitarian

Answer by theutilitarian at 3:29 PM on Sep. 4, 2009

• I was 13...and thought I looked sooooo cool.
    If I could go back I would have never even looked at a cigarette!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:30 PM on Sep. 4, 2009

• I was a semi-follower. My BFF started smoking and I tried one. At first it was every so often, but when she and I became roommates in another city, neither of us worked for almost a month so we would sit outside and smoke while we did our homework so I got hooked on it bad. If I could go back and knowing what I know now, I would never have touched it. It's a horrible addiction and gross. I need to quit and I will be.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:31 PM on Sep. 4, 2009

• yes i would have never picked it up. I did it just to try it and got a buzz from it so i continued. I am no longer smoking.. I am preg... but I would have never started if i could have gone back. oh well
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:41 PM on Sep. 4, 2009

• I havent smoked in over a year (go me!) but if I had to go back and do it all over.... It really sucks to admit this but YES, I would have smoked that first cigarette, even knowing what I do now.

*hangs head in shame*
    MarchMarie

Answer by MarchMarie at 3:43 PM on Sep. 4, 2009

• Oh sheesh yes, I would have thrown it away. I would have also said "screw you" to the friends who "cornered me" and taunted me about my not inhaling. I wound up turning my back on those friends a year later when they got into drugs, but it was still a year too late for me... I became a smoker at age 15/16. And I still am. And it sucks.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:23 AM on Sep. 5, 2009