i see so many people on this website saying that preparing formula is SOO much work!! Why is that?

i pour room temp water into the bottle, put the scoops in, shake and feed. BOOM done! took all but 5 mins. all you anti formula mothers should stop bashing mothers that decide to formula feed. I know its not the same thing as breastmilk but if it was truly that bad companies wouldnt make it. its your own choice to BF or not dont listen to anyone other than your self. mine is forumla fed and is a happy 24 pound boy. sorry i had to get that out there!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:00 PM on Sep. 4, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Well it is a lot more work than BFing. And then there's sterilizing bottles and nipples when you use bottles- that takes time too. That being said, nobody should be bashed for her decision to formula or breastfeed.
    mummy22kids

Answer by mummy22kids at 4:04 PM on Sep. 4, 2009

• Formula feeding is a tiny bit harder for me because my DD has to have oatmeal in her bottles but really your right its not that hard. I physically COULDN'T breastfeed.

I know how you feel momma.
    sopheeahsmommy

Answer by sopheeahsmommy at 4:04 PM on Sep. 4, 2009

• it's only dangerous if you're in china ;]
    pookipoo

Answer by pookipoo at 4:06 PM on Sep. 4, 2009

• washing the bottles is the big pain in the butt imo. :) but so is washing a pump so...
    Stefanie83

Answer by Stefanie83 at 4:06 PM on Sep. 4, 2009

• i couldnt bf either and i put the bottles in the dishwasher quick and easy. it also helped that i bought tons of bottles lol. i totally agree with ya girl!
    saraelf

Answer by saraelf at 4:07 PM on Sep. 4, 2009

• its just more work than breastfeeding.
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 4:19 PM on Sep. 4, 2009

• if it was truly that bad companies wouldn't make it

Compainies make things that are bad all the time. So that staement really means nothing

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:23 PM on Sep. 4, 2009

• You only have to sterilize the nipples and bottles when you first buy them. After that, you wash them with your dishes or toss them in the dishwasher.

I made batches up at night for the next day. Between washing the bottles, mixing the batch, pouring it into the bottles and putting it all in the fridge...20 minutes. And then the next day it took the length of time it takes to change a diaper to have the bottle ready....so no waiting time there. And when they were about 4-5 months they started taking it cooler, so by 6 months it was take the jug out of the fridge and pour it into the sippy cup. Again no time.

Breastfeeding being easier and taking less time has never held water with me. And it never will.

Now, there are more logical "arguments", but this isn't one of them at all.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:33 PM on Sep. 4, 2009

• LOL, formula is easy but the boob is easier. I would fill up the bottle with warm water from the tap (GASP!) scoop the formula and voila! meal time!  It depends on the formula whether or not a quick shake will really get it mixed up well.  I used Wal-Mart's brand and it mixed beautifully!

MotherofIreland

Answer by MotherofIreland at 5:13 PM on Sep. 4, 2009

• For a working mothers, it's really not much different. Formula is easy to mix, requires no heating if you make it right there. I used drop ins so only had to wash the nipples and had enough that I washed them at the end of each day. I had to clean the pump after each pump and still had the same process with bottles. I then had to containers for the pump to wash. If you can actually just wip out your boob each feed, it would be easier, but if you cannot do that, then I think it's about the same as far as how time consuming it is.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:20 PM on Sep. 4, 2009