What is a strolling dinner buffet?

I'm planning on going to my 30th school reunion in Nov. They are having a strolling dinner buffet? What is that? Is it dinner or just appetizers no tables??

momofne

Asked by momofne at 4:01 PM on Sep. 4, 2009 in Food & Drink

• It sounds like it could be something like a progressive dinner. This is when you have several families who agree to host the dinner. Each house has a certain item to serve. For instance, the first house would serve appetizers. Then you would go to the second house, which may serve salads. The next house would be the main dish. And the next might serve desserts.

I would call the number you have on the invitation and ask them to be sure.
    PSMother

Answer by PSMother at 6:51 PM on Sep. 4, 2009

• No this will be at a Banquet hall.
    momofne

Answer by momofne at 10:13 PM on Sep. 4, 2009

• Maybe tables but not set up as at a dinner.At mine there were plenty of tables to sit at but not enough for everyone to sit at once--as at a seated dinner or regular buffet.We walked around visited ate while visiting sometimes sat a while and visited.There was a huge amount of food but semi-finger foods.Mini crab cakes,mini sliders and stuff on mini skewers.I guess lots of mini foods but major amounts.I didn't help with the food planning just the invites.Call and ask.

drfink

Answer by drfink at 1:03 AM on Sep. 5, 2009