single for a yr and ok wit it, am i weired?

I have been single now for a yr and i have decided its the way to go. I put my time towards my 5 yr old and figure that i have enough going on without having to worry about someone else.After 5 yrs of dating and coming up with nothing, i just quit.....Do i have some sort of personality disorder or what. I am totally ok with being single, in fact, i like it. Is that normal for a 26 yr old????

itainteasy25

Asked by itainteasy25 at 4:05 PM on Sep. 4, 2009 in Relationships

• no, it's what i need to be doing... good luck
    mirit.rose

Answer by mirit.rose at 4:08 PM on Sep. 4, 2009

• so normal! not EVERY girl has to be in a relationship to feel 'complete'

i think its important to learn to love yourself first, the rest will fall into place
    pookipoo

Answer by pookipoo at 4:08 PM on Sep. 4, 2009

• Totally normal I would think. You have enough on your plate raising a child- dating also just complicates things. If you are happy then go with it.
    mummy22kids

Answer by mummy22kids at 4:09 PM on Sep. 4, 2009

• Not only is it normal, but probably healthy too. I just don't have the energy to put into a relationship right now, and I think it's a good thing to find yourself without a man!
    jillisue808

Answer by jillisue808 at 4:26 PM on Sep. 4, 2009

• If you're happy, there's no problem, and don't let anyone tell you otherwise.
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 7:54 PM on Sep. 4, 2009

• That's okay, I've been single since 2002. And I'm okay with that. :O)
    roachiesmom

Answer by roachiesmom at 8:24 PM on Sep. 4, 2009

• It's normal for now, but you will soon met someone and that will go out of the window. It was me at 22 and 2 kids. I swore I was so happy without a man and focusing all my attention on school and work and my kids. Then I met a guy and 2 years later I'm here with a 3rd kid and happily engaged and in love. A lil advice if this happens for you though: get married before having another kid don't plan it afterwards like I did.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:48 PM on Sep. 4, 2009