First aid kit/ medicine cabinet

what would you put in either one of these for a toddler and baby?

smltwnmom

Asked by smltwnmom at 4:12 PM on Sep. 4, 2009 in General Parenting

• Well I always have/had tylenol and advil, Bandaids and gauze, Polysporin kids, A nasal aspirator, penaten, and a cool mist humidifier, tensor bandage. Now that my kids are a bit older (5 and 7) I also keep- Dimetapp, kids cough medicine, kids cold medicine (I only use the cold medicine if they have all the symptoms listed on the box- so usually that's just if they have the flu, otherwise I just use what I need for their symptoms) and kids benedryl.
    mummy22kids

Answer by mummy22kids at 4:19 PM on Sep. 4, 2009

• Oh and ice packs in the freezer.
    mummy22kids

Answer by mummy22kids at 4:20 PM on Sep. 4, 2009

• what is penaten and what is it for?
    smltwnmom

Answer by smltwnmom at 4:31 PM on Sep. 4, 2009

• I have a small first aid kit I keep in the diaper bag. It's has tylenol, bandaids, oinment, and alcohol wipes. I have a container at home with tummy meds and headache meds. Allergy meds. thermometere. Then a first aid kit with different meds and ointments, bandages and bandaids, alcohol, perxoide, and whatnots.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:15 PM on Sep. 4, 2009

• If, you go to CVS or Rite-aid they have ready made kits,also, you should speak to your child's doctor,in case he tells you to add something,always remember to add an allergy note,if,your child have allergies,list of medication,doctor name, I put all these things,because you will be surprise how your mind go blank,when an emergency arises.

lady-t3984

Answer by lady-t3984 at 7:29 PM on Sep. 4, 2009

• Tylenol, Neosporin, bandaids, cold packs, medicine dispenser, soothing vapors wash, Thermomiter with covers, Alochol (pads), peroxide, Aspirator, Nasal Saline. Now that my kids are getting older I also have a cold, allergy, cough, and immodium. Keeping some pedialyte or something of the sort around is a good idea if they are having a hard time. I aslo have something for bite relief, bug spray and sun block.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:31 AM on Sep. 5, 2009