If you have little boys then you can relate to my question...How do you picture your future DIL (daughter-in-law)? a Stay-at-home Mom or a Working Mom?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:27 PM on Sep. 4, 2009 in General Parenting

• Well, since my oldest son, who is 9, is already "betrothed" to a little girl from church ( they've been an item since they were in diapers I think!!), LOL, I can already picture what their life will be like. Since I"m a SAHM and her mother is a SAHM, I would venture to say that she'll be a SAHM as well. My youngest son has a few girls lined up :) and their mothers are all SAHM's and these girls are being trained and taught to be godly mothers and wives. That's what I want for my boys, to have godly wives, and for them to be SAHM's. I am teaching my boys how to cook and clean and take care of themselves, because I believe that a marriage should be a partnership, and that a man should know how to do for himself, because the wife may not always be in the position to do it ( if she gets sick)I am blessed with a husband who knows how to cook and clean which is a blessing when I get a migraine.
    Bethsunshine

Answer by Bethsunshine at 9:22 PM on Sep. 4, 2009

• I hope that my future daughter-in-laws will choose to stay home with my grandchildren and homeschool them. I hope she's not a selfish spoiled American princess and that she cooks real food.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:28 PM on Sep. 4, 2009

• umm i picture her a good mom. if she wants to stay home or work , dont matter, as long as shes doing whats best.
    tha-hawt-mommie

Answer by tha-hawt-mommie at 4:29 PM on Sep. 4, 2009

• oh God i think im a nightmare for my MIL haha.

i dont really care as long as he's happy and as long as she isnt a bitch
    pookipoo

Answer by pookipoo at 4:31 PM on Sep. 4, 2009

• I picture my future DIL being a good wife and mother.
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 4:39 PM on Sep. 4, 2009

• My only hope is that my future daughter-in-law is a good wife to my son and a good mother to any children they may have. I don't care one way or the other if she works outside of the home or not. I would be willing to watch my grandchildren if they needed it...
    Pollymom

Answer by Pollymom at 4:46 PM on Sep. 4, 2009

• I hope that my future DIL will be a working mom.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:20 PM on Sep. 4, 2009

• I hope he marries a woman that is kind, loving and has a great sense of humor. Most importantly I hope they make each other happy. Whether she chooses to work or stay home has no bearing on how she will be as a mom. As long as she is loving and devoted to her kids when she is with them it really won't matter.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:47 PM on Sep. 4, 2009

• Ditto :47, but I do hope that she is college educated and has a career before they marry, at the point they would decide what is best for their family.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:06 PM on Sep. 4, 2009

• Definitely a SAHM, I'd hate the idea of my grandbabies being in daycare. If she needs to go out to work I'll offer to look after them.
    RhondaVeggie

Answer by RhondaVeggie at 6:07 PM on Sep. 4, 2009