How do you get your mother to stop going against your word w/your child?

My mother is constantly going against what I say and our beliefs. She is so blunt as to tell my child that I am wrong for the way we believe. We are christians and follow the bible strictly. She gives my child things after I have specifically said no.
What can I do?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:28 PM on Sep. 4, 2009 in Relationships

• Well my MIL does that and the baby isn't even here and she's buying things i said no not to.. like a USED carseat that she has no idea who had it before. She also is trying to tell me that the baby has to wear the outfit that my SO wore for his baptism for hers and where she wants the baby baptized... So i kinda no how you feel but I would just tell her she needs to realize that it is your child she raised hers how she wanted so why can't you?
    Mandy211

Answer by Mandy211 at 4:32 PM on Sep. 4, 2009

• I wish I could but I have always felt that I cant just tell her off like that. She gets hurt so easy. How do you do that?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:38 PM on Sep. 4, 2009

• My mother is very much like that with my son. However, she would never go against my religious beliefs to my son. You have to be as blunt and forceful as possible w/out hurting her. Tell her that it is your child. Just like she raised you how she wanted, you will raise yours how you see fit. I had to limit my child's time until she could get into the swing of respecting me as his mother, and keeping herself in the grandmother's spot.
    KennsWifey

Answer by KennsWifey at 4:47 PM on Sep. 4, 2009

• I flat out told my mom, I am the mother and if you don't do x, x way then don't bother participatting. She hatted it but relentted. I only did that becuase it was a safty issue.
    DevilInPigtails

Answer by DevilInPigtails at 8:19 PM on Sep. 4, 2009