When is a child too old to bathe with their parents and/or watch them on the potty?

And do you think it depends on mom-girl, mom-boy, dad-girl, dad-boy.

i have a 2 year old son and i don't see any problem with it for now and don't really know when i'll start to feel like it's inappropriate since i've never had an older child.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:31 PM on Sep. 4, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• We had to watch my cousin bath until he was 3 almost 4 because he gets into a lot of trouble. He is a very hyper little boy.

He is 4 now and we just go in and check on him every 5 minutes.
    sopheeahsmommy

Answer by sopheeahsmommy at 4:43 PM on Sep. 4, 2009

• Until it starts being a problem with you and your comfort level i dont see it as a problem. every family is different
    sweetstkissez22

Answer by sweetstkissez22 at 4:55 PM on Sep. 4, 2009

• I have to agree with sweeetstkisse22 that whenever it becomes a problem and they start making comments then it is time for some privacy. I still help wash my 4yr. old son so i know a good job is being done.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:07 PM on Sep. 4, 2009

• It does depend on your comfort level. I use to bathe with my 2yr old DD whose 2 but I dont anymore just because she asks alot of questions and I think some things she shouldn't know about right now. Plus she saw her dad using the potty and tried to standup and pee like him. So now when she bathes I just sit on the floor outside the tub and play on the laptop.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:37 PM on Sep. 4, 2009

• I n my house growing up my parnets had three girls, when we were really little we would shower iwth my Dad and go into the bathroom with him. I only remember him teaching me to talk in the shower water, so I think we were under 3rd grade. With my mom, till high school it was no big deal. Now we sit in the next room with the door open and continue the conversation or start one. My girls still go in with my hubby my oldest is 4.
    DevilInPigtails

Answer by DevilInPigtails at 8:17 PM on Sep. 4, 2009

• when they start asking questions that your not comfortable answering
    kristal2146

Answer by kristal2146 at 9:58 PM on Sep. 4, 2009

• I think it is a family issue. Whenever you, your hubby or the kids start to be uncomfortable, then it is time to stop, as long as the kids are old enough to bathe by themselves safely. Every family, every person has their own comfort level with nudity,... so whatever works for you is best.
    kiki2780

Answer by kiki2780 at 10:02 PM on Sep. 4, 2009