My Doctor told me I can drink one cup of coffee or one coke a day, but I feel guilty doing it. What has everyone else heard??

I did just have my ultrasound, and I am 19 weeks along. Baby is growing at the rate it should be, and absolutely everything looked perfect and healthy.

littlemamma539

Asked by littlemamma539 at 4:34 PM on Sep. 4, 2009 in Pregnancy

• i have also read that that amount of coffee is "okay" but i was like you and just worried about it so i drank about one soda per week. but that's just me!
    Stefanie83

Answer by Stefanie83 at 4:35 PM on Sep. 4, 2009

• I drank coffee when i was pg. Not once a day but I didn't drink that much before either. Just do what you feel comfortable with.
    mummy22kids

Answer by mummy22kids at 4:37 PM on Sep. 4, 2009

• i drank sodas and stuff and my son turned out to be a colicky monster :p

i mean i think its 'safe' but next time around im gonna stick to non cafinated sodas, just in case ;]
    pookipoo

Answer by pookipoo at 4:38 PM on Sep. 4, 2009

• I drink one soda a day to help keep my migranes away! My doctor said drinking caffine is ok as long as it is in moderation!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:39 PM on Sep. 4, 2009

• My doctor told me 1-2 cups of coffee and a small 8 oz can of soda is fine.
    But, I don't drink coffee at all, and I varely rarely drink soda anyways, so it wasn't a hard thing for me.

You should be fine!
    K_Sawyer

Answer by K_Sawyer at 4:40 PM on Sep. 4, 2009

• ummmm then don't 9 mo is short lived you can do with out!
    mirit.rose

Answer by mirit.rose at 4:51 PM on Sep. 4, 2009

• i drank sodas, not as much as pre-prego, but i did probably once a day, and my son was A ok
    sweetstkissez22

Answer by sweetstkissez22 at 4:53 PM on Sep. 4, 2009

• i have heard the same thing, i started out not drinkin any but now i drink like 1 coke a day and im 20 weeks. if they say it's fine then it should be fine!! but just drink it in moderation, GL!
    EheartsZ07

Answer by EheartsZ07 at 5:05 PM on Sep. 4, 2009

• If you makes you feel guilty, just don't do it. I'm abstaining from caffeine this time around (I didn't with DD and she's perfectly healthy). I'm also abstaining from artificial sweeteners (even though the science states that I don't have to). I am convinced this is a non-sensical stance, but I'm abstaining anyway (yes, I know plenty of mothers who think that consuming artificial sweeteners is dangerous). I don't do something if it makes me feel uncomfortable even if my discomfort is unfounded or not founded on good science. Why? Because why the hell not? My enjoyment of the substance may not outweight the wee bit of stress I'll feel for doing it.

MotherofIreland

Answer by MotherofIreland at 5:22 PM on Sep. 4, 2009

• I drank two cups of coffee a day and the occasional soda while I was pregnant and the only thing that happened was that I got some wicked heartburn towards the end from it>.
    AutumnsMom31309

Answer by AutumnsMom31309 at 8:58 PM on Sep. 4, 2009