Need some tips on potty training at night

My son has successfully mastered using the bathroom durring the day about 8 months ago however at night it is a different story. we still have to put a diaper on him at bedtime. We have tried the no diaper thing but every time and I mean everytime he wakes up in the morning soaked. Even getting him up in the middle of the night doesn't work. His fluid intake is limited after dinner and most of the time he doesn't get anything to drink after dinner. We tried talking to him as best you can to a 3 year old that if he has to go the potty to get up and go but no luck. Any ideas mommas?

nurbabe82

Asked by nurbabe82 at 4:34 PM on Sep. 4, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• I think you should just use overnight pull ups for night time. Some children, especially boys, just have trouble with night time bed wetting until age 6. My pediatrician thinks parents should just use overnight pull ups rather than being concerned with bed wetting as long as it's before age 7.
    ThrivingMom

Answer by ThrivingMom at 4:45 PM on Sep. 4, 2009

• Don't stress, no one graduates high school without being potty trained!! The overnight CVS pull-ups work great, my DS is almost 5 and wet the bed until about 6 months ago, he sleeps so soundly the urge wouldn't wake him up--don't worry it will happen! One note though, if it continues until kindergarten, he may have an issue, not any big deal but I wouldn't even worry until then, good luck, and god bless you for even getting this far LOL!
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 5:00 PM on Sep. 4, 2009