what are my chances of being pregnant?

last peiod-August 13th

sex on sept. 1 & 3 without protection

my cycles are 29 days long..have no idea when i ovulate.

Thanks!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:36 PM on Sep. 4, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• okay chance but it doesnt mean much...why not just wait until your period is due and test
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:40 PM on Sep. 4, 2009

• mymonthlycycle.com is good for helping keep track of your cycle and if you MIGHT be fertile when you've had sex.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:45 PM on Sep. 4, 2009

• I think you may have waited too long. Ovulation TYPICALLY occurs about two weeks before the start of your next period, which would be cycle day 1. For you, that would have been a week before you did the deed.

BUT...it varies for everyone.

I'll repeat my standard advice...pick up a copy of "Taking Charge of Your Fertility" by Toni Wechsler. You will never guess again.

Answer by gdiamante at 6:54 PM on Sep. 4, 2009

• You seriously need to start charting your cycles. They say the AVERAGE person ovulates on day 14....but this is on a woman who has a regular 28 day cycle. I ovulate on day 11 or 12 or my 25 day cycle.
    mollymomofthree

Answer by mollymomofthree at 7:39 PM on Sep. 4, 2009

• I was JUST at my dr. office yesterday ( I had a miscarriage recently). The chances in any given month of getting pregnant are only 20% anyhow.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:46 PM on Sep. 4, 2009

• Not good. With a 29-day cycle, your period should start on Sept. 11. You will have ovulated 11-15 days before that, which means sometime from Aug. 27-31. You're most fertile (and most likely to conceive) in the 2-3 days prior to ovulation, which means your best chance would have been somewhere from Aug. 24-30, with the entire range of possible conception going from Aug. 21-Sept. 1. Sept. 1 is only a possibility if you ovulated the day before and the egg stuck around long enough, which it might not have since the egg is no good 12-36 hours after ovulation.

All this is assuming, of course, that you will have a 29-day cycle. If ovulation was delayed by a few days this cycle, then your chances go up a lot. But I wouldn't get my hopes up if I were you.
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 11:16 PM on Sep. 4, 2009