Sharing rooms?

I'm pregnant at the moment, and more than likely, we'll be staying in a 2 bedroom house for at least a year or two.
If I have a girl - would it be "okay" for my son and possible daughter to share a room together?
If I go fullterm - they'll be almost 2 years old apart.

Opinions?

K_Sawyer

Asked by K_Sawyer at 4:36 PM on Sep. 4, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I personally think it's fine. I have a three year old girl and if I finally get pregnant I will probably put the kids together, even if the baby is a boy. We have a three bedroom house, but the third bedroom is downstairs, and I am not ready for my daughter to be on a different floor than me.
    toriandgrace

Answer by toriandgrace at 4:39 PM on Sep. 4, 2009

• I think it is fine for a few years. That is what we will be doing if my next baby is a boy (my 15 month old is a girl).
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:42 PM on Sep. 4, 2009

• At that age yes, i think under 10 is okay, well around that age is okay, after that its time for personal space and "privacy"
    sweetstkissez22

Answer by sweetstkissez22 at 4:51 PM on Sep. 4, 2009

• Why not? My older 3 kids share a room--2 girls and a boy. The girls are 9 and almost 7 and my son is almost 8. They share because they want to.

The youngest of those three (the 6 and 7 year olds) shared a room from the time the younger one was 6 months and the older one was 19 months until the youngest was 2. Then a couple years ago we just moved them all in together because ever since the youngest moved out of her brother's room he has wanted to sleep in the girls' room and was always sneaking in there at night. It's just easier for them to have one room.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 6:30 PM on Sep. 4, 2009

• It will be fine. I have almost 3 year old twins that are girl/boy and we just split their bedrooms up because they were fighting too much, but they still take baths together and go potty together. I don't think they really need to split up based on gender until 6 or 7, when they really start noticing and becoming interested in gender differences and wanting privacy.
    frat_twin_mama

Answer by frat_twin_mama at 6:55 PM on Sep. 4, 2009