My boyfriend/babys dad broke up with me when i was 4 months preg. He now wont talk to me and doesnt want to be part of babys life. I think i deserve child support though, but im scared he will think that gives him the right to see baby. Anyone have advice? He lies drinks and smokes pot all the time i dont want him to be dad

Who knows though, maybe he wont want to be dad. But can i still get child support fairly easily???

littlemamma539

Asked by littlemamma539 at 4:40 PM on Sep. 4, 2009 in Pregnancy

• you can try, but if you do file he can also file for custody
    pookipoo

Answer by pookipoo at 4:41 PM on Sep. 4, 2009

• You can file for child support, and if he is on drugs you can request he has random drug tests if he has visitation. Also you can request that he has supervised visitation.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:41 PM on Sep. 4, 2009

• he has the right to see his baby if you file for child support or not.
    Dom123123

Answer by Dom123123 at 4:42 PM on Sep. 4, 2009

• Child support and visitation are seen as separate issues by the court. He can still be required to pay child support even if he does not see the child. I have to ask, though, why would you let yourself get pregnant by someone that you have so clearly described as a loser?
    tcgwo

Answer by tcgwo at 4:42 PM on Sep. 4, 2009

• you can NOT hold visitation rights for money. but you can take out a case on him, you do deserve help with the care of your child. If your struggling you can go take out a case at your local social services and get money from them, to do that it is mandatory to take out a child support case, either way you go, get some help but i wouldnt try holding your child from its father!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:48 PM on Sep. 4, 2009

• or educate yourself and make the best for you and babe and find a real man you can have a family with you don't want some other chic raising your kid pt
    mirit.rose

Answer by mirit.rose at 4:50 PM on Sep. 4, 2009

• Legally, he has rights to the child even if he doesn't pay child support. I would definitely file for it though, he does have an obligation to help raise the baby. I agree completely with mirit.rose, educate yourself and make a better life for you and your child.
    KennsWifey

Answer by KennsWifey at 4:52 PM on Sep. 4, 2009

• MAN I SEE EVERYONE TALKIN ABOUT EDUCATING URSELF AND Y GET PREGNANT BY A LOSER AND I JUST WANA SAY I KNW WHAT UR GOIN THROUGH. HOW MANY OF THEM SAID THAT. SOMETIMES U DONT ASK 2 GET PREGNANT BY A PUNK LOSER IT JUST HAPPENS. I DIDNT KNW MY BABYS FATHER WAS DOIN COKE AND WEED WHEN I WAS AT WORK. BUT I FOUND OUT ALL THAT AND BROKE UP WITH BEFORE I KNEW I WAS PREGNANT. I CUT HIM OFF COMPLETELY B/C HE DNT DESERVE ME OR MY PRINCESS. DURIN DA 4TH MTH I MET MY FIANCEE WHO WANTS 2 BE HER DADDY AND HIS FAM ACCEPTED HER 2. IM NOW 9MTHS WAITIN 2 HAVE HER. SO U C U DONT NEED HIM HONESTLY AND THINGS WILL TURN OUT 4 THE BEST. BUT IF U DO PUT HIM ON CHILD SUPPORT IT WILL GIVE HIM RIGHTS BUT ASK 4 SUPERVISED VISTATION B/C HES A DRUGGIE AND U FEEL IT WOULD BE SAFER 4 THE CHILD. K GOOD LUCK AND UR NOT ALONE K
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:17 PM on Sep. 4, 2009

• Well, it IS his baby, and if he's paying to support it , then he does have the right to see it. If you don't want him in the babies life, dont ask for child support. If he doesn't want to be, dont force him. It will only mean heartache for your child later on. Stop being greedy and think of your baby more than yourself.
    abbynzachsmommy

Answer by abbynzachsmommy at 5:27 PM on Sep. 4, 2009

• If you don't want him to be a part of the babies life and can make due without support I would ask him to sign over all rights to the child.
    bringing child support in it will make it worse if you don't want him to be part of it. If he's a big loser and uses drugs and all that it's most likely you'll hardly recieve any child support anyway cus if he don't work you won't get it. at least that's how it is here. And if he is working he might quit as soon as he sees the money come out anyway and then job hop or find somthing that pays under the table.
    I went thru this with my kids dad.
    My best advice is have him sign over rights then you don't have to worry about him causing any trouble ever, Child support isn't worth it anyway... I haven't recieved anything since last june, and when I do it's only gonna be 50$ a week cus he finds the lowest paying job he can get.
    janeenee

Answer by janeenee at 5:29 PM on Sep. 4, 2009