Do you track your cycles?

Wether you are TTC or not, do you track your cycle? Besides noting the date you start AF and how long from start to start, what exactly do you track durring your cycle?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:46 PM on Sep. 4, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• I never tracked my cycles, I just knew that My cycles would be pretty long as long as I wasnt on Birth control about 35 to 40 days and right before My period I would be emotional and I would have mild cramping

and before I got pregnant I didnt track anything, not my cycle, not ovulation and I got pregnant 2 months after ending the DEPO shot
    Dom123123

Answer by Dom123123 at 4:53 PM on Sep. 4, 2009

• yes.

i started when we were TTC #1. and I've been doing it ever since - even though we're not having any more babies.

a great resource is the book Taking Control of your Fertility.
    hypermamaz

Answer by hypermamaz at 5:25 PM on Sep. 4, 2009

• It's "Taking Charge of Your Fertility."

You track basal body temperature, cervical mucus and cervical position to knwo when you're ovulating and when you're not.

Answer by gdiamante at 6:55 PM on Sep. 4, 2009

• I don't on a regular basis, but each time I was trying to conceive (i just delivered twins with my second pregnancy this July) I tracked my cycles, using a chart, body temp, mucus and OPK kits.
    mollymomofthree

Answer by mollymomofthree at 7:37 PM on Sep. 4, 2009

• i did track while we were TTC #2, yourdays.com is a great free online calendar
    abelsmama07

Answer by abelsmama07 at 9:44 PM on Sep. 4, 2009

• I've been tracking my cycles for the past 4 years, including 2 pregnancies. I started when my husband and I started thinking about maybe trying for a baby sometime possibly soon, lol. I read Taking Charge of Your Fertility by Toni Weschler and started charting my basal body temperature even before we started trying to get pregnant so I would know my cycles, and I liked it so much that I've continued to do it, even when we're not TTC. For me, it's basically a matter of convenience more than anything; my cycles are irregular, and I don't get any PMS symptoms, so charting my BBT lets me know when I ovulated and thus when I can expect my period to come. I only noted my cervical mucus when we were TTC because otherwise I don't care when I'm going to ovulate, just when I have.

DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 11:22 PM on Sep. 4, 2009