please read

is it true that when you have a contraction (real contractions vs. false labor/BH) you feel it in your back and belly?? i think i may be in early labor but im seeing if it progressess.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:47 PM on Sep. 4, 2009 in Pregnancy

• call ur doc!
    mirit.rose

Answer by mirit.rose at 4:48 PM on Sep. 4, 2009

• It depends on the woman.
    I had both front and back contractions - some women just have frontal, others have back.
    Start timing your contractions and if it gets more intense with each one... call the doc. Or call anyway, and time them still.
    K_Sawyer

Answer by K_Sawyer at 4:49 PM on Sep. 4, 2009

• i didn't have it in my back but some do. i personally wouldn't call the doctor unless they were consistent and close together and painful. he/she might want you to come in and then it would end up being nothing and a big waste of time. good luck!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:51 PM on Sep. 4, 2009

• Call your doctor, for the record, I thought I was in labor twice, and got sen hom both times! When I finally was in labor, I just knew it wasn't real and didn't go as soon as I should have. Better safe then sorry, HAPPY Birthing!
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 4:54 PM on Sep. 4, 2009

• As a birth doula, I'd usually wait at home with my client in labor. We'd go when the contractions are very intense & close together. (3 minutes apart, 60+ seconds long.)

Each woman needs to decide when it's Time for her... But noticing an increasing frequency and intensity would be a good sign to start paying attention (... eh, like you can help it, lol!).

Do what you can to rest, hydrate, eat... It will be Time, eventually, and you will certainly hope to be well-rested then.

Good luck!
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 2:12 AM on Sep. 5, 2009