Open marriage?

Ok, this may be TMI, by I have a coworker who is in an open marriage. Basically her husband sleeps with other women. She knows about it, and has said that she is ok with it, because he is just "fing" other women, and it gives her time to do homework!!! He has been married 4 times, his first marriage he had two children, his second was to my coworker, but he CHEATED ON HER, and married the mistress, then he remarried my coworker. This is NOT healthy! Well now she is all upset because he is getting "emotionally involved" with one of his "f-buddies" and she doesn't know what to do!

How can I tell her that she needs to leave the stupid man?! Have any of you been in, or know people who have been in, open marriages and have they worked?

I am baffled at what I should, because it disgusts me, but does she need to get out of the marriage???

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:54 PM on Sep. 4, 2009 in Relationships

• I know some people do it, I don' t know anyone that does.. But doesn't an open marriage mean that both parties have other partners.. Doesn't sound like your friend has any other parters.. maybe if she did she wouldn't feel as mad that he does.

I wouldn't do it, just trying to see it from a different side or something.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:19 PM on Sep. 4, 2009

• First get his number second give him a try and third wait what?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:58 PM on Sep. 4, 2009

• rolling on floor

Anonymous

• Is she really surprised? Sounds like a totally unhealthy marriage and that she is afraid to be alone so she is letting him do whatever he wants just so she can stay married.
    mummy22kids

Answer by mummy22kids at 4:59 PM on Sep. 4, 2009

• I think this is all on her... she's the one who OK'd the open marriage, given his track record... or maybe she DID okay it, thinking that if she gave him free reign, "cheating" wouldn't be an issue anymore.
    Yes, she should probably leave the marriage - it doesn't even seem like counseling would help or benefit both of them in the long run, this is how he is. If she can't leave the marriage, suggest counseling as another alternative. In the end, it's a pretty destructive relationship.
    K_Sawyer

Answer by K_Sawyer at 4:59 PM on Sep. 4, 2009

• OP here:
    OK, I know! Trust me, we have all been talking about it, because she goes from person to person in the office telling them about it, but I am not joking!! I mean, seriously, don't get me wrong, I like her as a person, but what do you tell someone like that? The only thing I could think of was to tell her she needs to go to counceling because she needs someone to talk to ...
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:00 PM on Sep. 4, 2009

• I think that she knows what she got her self into and she needs to figure it out herself. Just tell her that it drains you to hear about it and not to talk to you about it. JMO!
    neveragain17

Answer by neveragain17 at 5:00 PM on Sep. 4, 2009

• she need to to go surgeon and have a spine implanted
    she has none, if she allows this
    boredmom44

Answer by boredmom44 at 5:14 PM on Sep. 4, 2009