help!!

i have the worst cold ever! the nurse @ the hospitial told me that when your nursing not to take decongestants because anything that drys up your nose will dry up your milk. is this true? does anyone have any ideas to help unclog my head? its horribile, im half way tempted to suck the stuff with the bulb you use on the babys nose!!

mrsmurders

Asked by mrsmurders at 5:44 PM on Sep. 4, 2009 in Health

• I've never heard of decongestants drying up your milk but I didn't ake anything when I was nursing because I didn't really want to expose my kids to unneeded meds. do you have a cool mist humidifier? I had one of those running my my bed all night to help. Also get a neti pot- they work wonders (but they do take a bit of getting used to).
    mummy22kids

Answer by mummy22kids at 5:51 PM on Sep. 4, 2009

• I never believed if you took medicine it would affect your baby even if you were breastfeeding. After I had my baby via c-section I had to be on antibotics and could not understand why she kept sleeping so much. When I stopped breastfeeding her she perked right up. Try to search the internet for natural remedies. I too don't like taking meds unless it is extremely necessary.
    kawona

Answer by kawona at 6:02 PM on Sep. 4, 2009