What were you doing on 9/11?

I know I'm a few days early, but what were you doing on 9/11?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:59 PM on Sep. 4, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• I was a junior in high school on my way to marching band class when the planes hit the towers
    usmc0351wife

Answer by usmc0351wife at 6:10 PM on Sep. 4, 2009

• I was sitting in my home with my family, my husband is Air Force. We were stationed in Guam, and so it was close to 10 or 11 PM there. We flipped on the tv and saw the WTC building right after the first plane had hit. At that point they didn't know if it was terrorists or an accident. Hubby went to bed because he had to work the next morning. Well I was still up and saw the second plane hit. I woke up my husband and we both said "that was no accident' and he started getting his stuff together. Sure enough, his phone rang about 5 minutes later, recalled onto the base. He grabbed his bag, and was gone in 2 minutes. I ddin't hear from him again til the next day, and they made them stay on base (he couldn't come home) had to stay in the dorms for 2 weeks because they were so busy getting people ready to deploy they were working 16-18 hour days 7 days a week. So, I was home with 2 young kids, alone, for the most part.
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 6:15 PM on Sep. 4, 2009

• I was on my in to work. At the time I worked for a cruiseline. Even though our offices were based here in florida we had sailings out of the NYC passenger ship terminal. I was worried about my family mainly my uncle & two cousins who were FDNY, sadly they were killed we didn't know for a few days after.
    I had passengers and travel agents calling to see what was going on with the sailing that was due back on 9/12 I felt like shit because I had no answers to give them.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:18 PM on Sep. 4, 2009

• sitting in pre-op at the hospital hoping the doctor who was operating on my throat later wasn't watching TV, and wondering if WW 3 was going to be going on when I woke up.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:21 PM on Sep. 4, 2009

• I was on the interstate driving to my aunt's house when I heard it on the radio.
    RidingPink

Answer by RidingPink at 6:32 PM on Sep. 4, 2009

• I was driving down RT 42 with my DH and SIL, we were going to the casino,she started talking about,isn't that a shame what happen, I still didn't understand until we got to the casino, then I felted so ashamed for not knowing.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:41 PM on Sep. 4, 2009

• I was in my IET class when another student came in and told the teacher, who then went and hooked up the tv. I excused myself from the classroom to call my parents to see if they knew if our family was ok.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:05 PM on Sep. 4, 2009

• I was at work (at a vet's office) when I received a phone call from my mother to tell me that a plane had crashed into building in NY. I told everyone in the office and they told me that that was nothing to joke about and it wasn't funny. I asked the groomer to change the channel on her little t.v. to the news. She got it there just in time for everyone to see the second plane hit. We all just huddled around the tv for a while and took turns seeing clients. Everyone was worried. Our office manager was in tear trying to find her son who is a pilot. I was talking to my parents trying to find my uncle who is a co-pilot. Everyone seemed to be waiting to hear from or about someone. It was a scary day.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 8:05 PM on Sep. 4, 2009

• I was a freshman in college...about to call to order a before class study session when someone ran in and said "2 airplanes just ran into some buildings in New York!"
    keisha613

Answer by keisha613 at 9:15 PM on Sep. 4, 2009

• I was 6.5 months pregnant and flying in an airplane when the attacks occured. Flying from Cleveland to DC, but we had to divert to Charlotte, NC.
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 10:38 PM on Sep. 4, 2009