how do i confront my father and show concern?

he has had 5 back surgeries and is addicted to vicodin,he gets a presciption for it but ends up spending about 500 a month buying it off the street, he knows he has a problem but i don't think he realizes what a negative effect it has on his body, he drinks while hes taking it sometimes, i just want him to be around to watch his grandkids grow up, hes only 43.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:08 PM on Sep. 4, 2009 in Health

• Well if it's really bad I might try an intervention. Has his Dr. been made aware of the complications he is having or that his drug addiction is so severe? At the very least you can sit down and let him know your feelings on this. Let him know that you love him, you want him to be around, you want your children to be around him but that you wont allow him to be around as long as he continues to be a danger by being drugged out all the time, etc. Good luck!
    ethans_momma06

Answer by ethans_momma06 at 6:43 PM on Sep. 4, 2009

• I wish i knew i feel for u not knowing it i married into a whole family addicted to pain pills i finally got my hubby where hell only take a few every now and then but his grandma mom and dad and step dad are all addicted really bad and we just had a baby and it makes me not want my son to know his grandma and grandpa it really sucks like his dad is the worst his 50 somethin yrs old and has to keep movin in w this random person and that one bc his family disowned him bc he s stole pills and money and stuff from them all and no one wants anything to do w him and he owns nothing at his age he should hve a car at least or atleast a job and to make thigns worst my hubby thinks he is dad is numberone and never wrong so i cant say anythin unless i really have to u know? its sad and pathetic
    aidensmama8

Answer by aidensmama8 at 7:28 PM on Sep. 4, 2009