My babies have hand mouth & feet virus help !!!!

What spray can I buy to relieve the pain my boy is having inside the mouth? He has blisters what spray numb the inside the mouth and it is not toxic for him? any ideas? Both babies have a terrible rush and now the rush become blister all over their bodies specially in the mouth on the boy and the baby girl she is 11 months she got blisters in her hands, genital area, butlocks, hands and feet. I am iving them otrin for the pain and fever what about something for the blisters inside their mouth? They are feeling misserable !!! Please I am all ears!!!

Vero529

Asked by Vero529 at 6:22 PM on Sep. 4, 2009 in Kids' Health

• i found this on webmd.com it tells you what to do hope this helps and i hope they get better soon
    http://children.webmd.com/tc/hand-foot-and-mouth-disease-topic-overview

How is it treated?
    Hand-foot-and-mouth disease does not usually need treatment. Most cases go away in 7 to 10 days. You can use home care to help relieve your child’s symptoms.

Offer your child plenty of cool fluids. Your child may also have Popsicles and ice cream.
    Do not give your child acidic or spicy foods and drinks, such as salsa or orange juice. These foods can make mouth sores more painful.
    For pain and fever, give your child acetaminophen (such as Tylenol) or ibuprofen (such as Advil). Do not give your child aspirin. It has been linked to Reye's syndrome, a serious illness.
    To help prevent the disease from spreading:

Teach all family members to wash their hands often. It is especially important to wash your hands after you ch
    mom2twoboys41

Answer by mom2twoboys41 at 9:33 PM on Sep. 4, 2009

• This is a fairly common virus. Although it sounds like worse since it is called a disease, it is just like a cold or flu virus. I agree with mom2twoboys41. That is the advice we hand out a daycare when it goes around.
    kiki2780

Answer by kiki2780 at 10:19 PM on Sep. 4, 2009

• Thank you Moms !!!I Their doctor told me to give them Motrin for the fever for the blisters inside the mouth I just try orajel baby and it looks like if it is working at least with the boy he was complaining until I apply orajel on his blisters and now he is fine we'll see I just hope they can go through fast it brakes my heart see them like that : - (
    Vero529

Answer by Vero529 at 11:00 PM on Sep. 4, 2009

• My DD didnt get the full Hands, Foot & Mouth disease but she got the virus that can lead to it (coxsackie virus) Her doctor prescribed her oral lidocaine to help numb her mouth. I didnt have to ask for it, she just did it
    Jaydin_Makenna

Answer by Jaydin_Makenna at 2:01 AM on Sep. 5, 2009

• Jaydin my pediatrician doesn't like giving medicine He only gives when it is a bacteria but if it is viral He won't give me any medicine.
    Vero529

Answer by Vero529 at 10:31 AM on Sep. 5, 2009

• Hand washing is very important, another thing to be careful with is toothbrushes. They need to be kept away from the toilet to prevent any splashing they may come in contact with when the toilet is flushed. Also make sure toothbrushes air dry between usages. When using toothpaste make sure not to touch and of the bristles on the toothbrush. Poor babes, it is very painful.
    QandA

Answer by QandA at 2:19 PM on Sep. 5, 2009

• There isn't much you can do. Give lots of cool fluids and things like yogurt that are nice and soothing to eat
    Tylenol and Motrin for pain,
    You could has your doctor if they could give you magic mouth wash... every doctor has their own "recipe" for it but it has things like lidocaine, mylanta and benadryl in it to help with the mouth pain.
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 7:32 PM on Sep. 5, 2009