My son is 9 weeks and he's colic is getting worse...he was on soy milk and the doctor told me to try gentlease...I need help

rosa78

Asked by rosa78 at 6:44 PM on Sep. 4, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I would try Nutramigen. You could try the Gentle Ease, but Nutramigen worked wonders for my son at 8 weeks. And switching formulas isn't good on their systems either. If you do switch formulas, mix them. Then it isn't so shocking to their system. What i mean, is I mixed 4 cups at a time and when weening my son from nutramigen to enfamil, mixed 1 scoop of enfamil and 15 nutramigen. If switching to see if one helps w colic better, you could do it 1/4 or 1/2 and work your way up to the new forlmula. But constant switching doesn't help the problem either. Hope that all made sense!
    MissHeidi0304

Answer by MissHeidi0304 at 6:54 PM on Sep. 4, 2009

• Oh yeah, and we switched to Dr Brown bottles, and the air flow system helped wonders as well!!!!! I highly suggest getting one or a package of 3 and trying them. They can be found at Walmart.
    MissHeidi0304

Answer by MissHeidi0304 at 6:55 PM on Sep. 4, 2009

• Your pediatrician said to try Gentlease. What help do you need? Have you tried it? It takes about a week for the old formula to get out of his system and another to judge if the new will have any affect.

Part of his problem might have been you giving him soy MILK. He shouldn't be on milk at all at this age unless it's breast milk. Now, if you mean soy formula...that's a different story.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:06 PM on Sep. 4, 2009

• try alimentum....worked wonders for my son
    Mamaof2boys0709

Answer by Mamaof2boys0709 at 7:28 PM on Sep. 4, 2009

• he likes the soy formula...he didn't like gentlease.
    I will have to deal with his colic. Do you think his colic has to do with what kind of formula he is on?
    rosa78

Answer by rosa78 at 5:50 PM on Sep. 5, 2009