Are you pregnant and didn't pay attention to date of your last cycle?

I have no idea when my last cycle was...I had my second child in March and I think I have had only one cycle - I nursed for 2 1/2 months (so no cycle then...) I am just so busy I seriously can't remember and don't know how far along I am....took a test today and it was positive...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:48 PM on Sep. 4, 2009 in Pregnancy

• My midwife said that sonograms are REALLY efficient and can get within a week of how old your child is. I wouldn't worry much about not knowing when your cycle was and EXACTLY how far along you are babe. I didn't know with any of my 3.
    Katrina3016

Answer by Katrina3016 at 6:53 PM on Sep. 4, 2009

• I *thought* I knew when my last cycle was....I write it down every month, but the last month I forgot to write it down. I'm guesstimating when I had it last based on the previous one and what I was doing that week.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:12 PM on Sep. 4, 2009

• Did you notice any "implantation bleeding"?

I was confused and my midwives calculated a three-week period that I could be due. So they just had me pick a date. I did~ and went to "41 weeks" according to my selection. LOL!
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 7:26 PM on Sep. 4, 2009

• yes...i know around about the day i started cause i circled it on my dry erase calendar---but then DH erased it and wrote the new month on it cause it is a monthly calendar....but I dont know for sure...all I know is that I am due the first week of May! LOL now we have a paper calendar beside our dry erase one lol
    Mom2LexiNJordan

Answer by Mom2LexiNJordan at 7:36 PM on Sep. 4, 2009

• with my third. i found out about pregnancy at around 15weeks - it was christmas everyone gets fat over christmas. lol

but I didn't have a cycle due to ovarian tumours so didn't know that I was missing a period. I know when we had sex - and went from that approximate date - my approx and the U/s were only a couple of days apart.
    hypermamaz

Answer by hypermamaz at 7:46 PM on Sep. 4, 2009

• as long as you don't get induced, it should really matter. because if you are off and then you get induced, your baby might be too early. just let baby come on his/her own.. congrats btw!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:34 PM on Sep. 4, 2009

• with this pregnancy I wasn't sure. . . I could give a good guess but not exact like I could with the last pregnancy. They gave me a due date based on my guess and my 2 ultrasounds have been within a day or 2 of the due date they gave me. If you can give a good guess and have an ultrasound that is close I'd go with that.
    chrissmom734

Answer by chrissmom734 at 9:00 PM on Sep. 4, 2009

• I was on birth control when I got pregnant, just had switched to a different kind prior to getting pregnant. I was really unsure of when my last period had been because it had been like 6 weeks prior. My midwife guessed my due date at January 7. The untrasound says the 3rd. I didn't know for sure that I was pregnant until I was almost 10 weeks along.
    ashleyandjames

Answer by ashleyandjames at 9:23 PM on Sep. 4, 2009