37 weeks and 3 days... labor symptoms??

The last 2 days I have been having BH practically all day, and today I have had diarrhea, hot flashes, and nausea with my contractions. I also leaked more vaginal discharge than normal. I am hoping labor is near. Any advice?

ttcgirl110

Asked by ttcgirl110 at 6:58 PM on Sep. 4, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Advice to bring on labor?
    Have lots of sex. :]
    Properties in the semen are similar to medications that women receive to induce labor.
    Walk around a lot.
    K_Sawyer

Answer by K_Sawyer at 7:00 PM on Sep. 4, 2009

• If it's truly time, there is no stopping it.
    But if it's braxton hicks/warm up contractions/not quite time yet then this should calm down a bit.

Try drinking a LOT of water. Diarrhea & BH contractions are indications of dehydration. Be sure to get a LOT of water in you, asap. And eat healthy snacks, rest a lot, sleep.

Your body might be "yelling" at you, reminding you to take better care of yourself. ;-)

Is this your first baby? (If no, when did your last come? Spontaneous labor?)
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 7:21 PM on Sep. 4, 2009

• I'd go into L&D. With all 3 of mine I started puking when labor started. The diarrhea could be your body doing the "self clean" cycle that it's supposed to do. Have you tried to time the BH?
    2murphyboys

Answer by 2murphyboys at 7:31 PM on Sep. 4, 2009

• Those are the exact symptoms i had when i went into labor with my second baby. I had BH for 2 days before i went into real labor. By the 3rd day the contractions became more intense and by the early evening i couln't stand during a contraction. I had diarrhea all day that day. My contractions became consistand----happening every 12min. on the dot. I was my 1st day into being 38wks. i did not believe i was in real labor since my contraction did not get any closer than 10min. apart until i became 8cm dialated. I was 6cm with contractions 10min. apart by the time i got to the hospital. Every preg. and labor is so different though. I was just letting you know i felt similar to how you are feeling.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:36 PM on Sep. 4, 2009

• doulala: this is my 4th pregnancy. I am extremely hydrated, all I do is drink water and eat ice. I am so thirsty. All three of my boys were born at 38 weeks. It is now almost 10 my time and I am having a low dull backache and cramps on my right side.
    ttcgirl110

Answer by ttcgirl110 at 12:59 AM on Sep. 5, 2009