Prayer before sex?

Just saw in one of my groups about an article talking about praying together before sex (http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstopics/religion/6125188/Say-a-prayer-before-sex.html).

Is it just me or does that kind of take the fun and the spontaneity out of sex? I mean really, if we aren't in the mood we aren't going to do it. If we are in the mood, we just want to get to it! lol We pray together all the time already, why add in another before sex and, possible, spoil the mood (at least with me if I'm in the mood don't waste a second because it doesn't last long!).

Thoughts?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:00 PM on Sep. 4, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• Yes, there is nothing like giving God a warning that you are about to be calling out his name in vain. It is just common courtesy. :p

I would find it weird for sure.
    Nathskitten

Answer by Nathskitten at 7:19 PM on Sep. 4, 2009

• I AGREE! DON'T BELEIVE THIS IS A GOOD TIME OR PLACE TO PRAY.

Answer by older at 7:03 PM on Sep. 4, 2009

• I pray he keeps his woody!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:05 PM on Sep. 4, 2009

• I beleive pray is good, Sex to us is a religious blessing. I know of a few religions where this is encouraged especially when there is a goal of pregnancy.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:06 PM on Sep. 4, 2009

• That's actually a little creepy.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:07 PM on Sep. 4, 2009

• Im going anon on this one although I normally dont....
    but my moms ex husband would pray AFTER sex thanking God for this "vessel" that is his wife.

Ya, all the way around its creepy. Before, during, after...not something I think God really cares about.

HOWEVER...if you are trying to concieve and are having a hard time then I could see praying before or after asking for the egg and sperm to connect or whatever but not for any other reason.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:25 PM on Sep. 4, 2009

• ROFLMAO Nathskitten, I almost spit my tea all over the desk lol.
    3_ring_circus_

Answer by 3_ring_circus_ at 7:28 PM on Sep. 4, 2009

• Nathskitten, I cannot breathe I am laughing so hard. LOL
    momof3inTN

Answer by momof3inTN at 7:38 PM on Sep. 4, 2009

• There are those who believe that the only purpose of sex is to make babies..
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:43 PM on Sep. 4, 2009

• I've screamed "Oh, God" quite a few times DURING sex... But I don't think that counts as prayer... lol!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 7:44 PM on Sep. 4, 2009