Do you know?

Do you know what is in your kids school books?
Are you going to watch the special today at FOX News? Everybody should! See & hear yourself what our kids learn in schools. And maybe every parent will be a little smarter and aware of things.
Please leave the comments about our President out of your comments!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:23 PM on Sep. 4, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• I agree with the research being better than text books we homeshool yeah!! and have been using this approach. I might add however that when my daughter was studying inventors I sad to see that the African Americans which have contributed so much in this were hard to find at the time. Since then I have found some web sites where this information can be obtained, but don't even look to library because you will not find it there. While this was my biggest problem there are other cultures which contributed greatly to American which don't get half of the credit they deserve.

Peace, <><
    Joyce
    JoyceTN

Answer by JoyceTN at 9:59 PM on Sep. 4, 2009

• as a teacher, parent, and member of the school board, i'm pretty well versed in the contents of my children's text books. your point?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:29 PM on Sep. 4, 2009

• I reviewed the history textbook my sons teacher would be using and it is is not historically accurate. It also makes us seem like a horrible country and we are of less moral character than other countries. Seemed like someone from Obamas camp wrote the book. She said she will be skipping over the inaccurate chapters and will supplement.

His math book was pretty straight forward I am going through the science and literature books this weekend. So far the science book is pretty straight forward.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:37 PM on Sep. 4, 2009

• I am tivo'ing it tonight, Mine had one history book that was really outdated and a math book that was in a different language. Talk about underfunded.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:41 PM on Sep. 4, 2009

• The lies they teach for history are the reasons my son is private school. Among other things. Ask kids who the first president was. Most can't even tell you.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 8:22 PM on Sep. 4, 2009

• Carpy

A lot of the kids I went to school with thought MLK freed slaves. I am so not kidding! I remember in civics class gah way to long ago lol the teacher asked what were the cabinets for and a girl said food and dishes I died laughing OMG ! It was awful. It is so funny it sounds made up but that was the joy of the ghetto public schools I went to. If you do not believe me look up test scores for Marion Abramson High New Orleans La. your jaw will drop.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:33 PM on Sep. 4, 2009

• I have no problem believing it at all. Sad isn't it. Most grew up to be Obama supporters?
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 8:35 PM on Sep. 4, 2009

• Research Based Edcation is the way too go. This year we are using text books, but next year no more!
    TinasTribe

Answer by TinasTribe at 8:49 PM on Sep. 4, 2009

__________
    Oh I know my sister is one of them. Working the system to benefit her and voted for Obama. She finally registered to VOTE for the first time and she was of voting age for a very long time. It is super sad. But I have hope for that school now it has been taken over and is now Abramson Science and Technology and their LEAP scores have almost doubled since 2001 it was like 26 % passed in 01 and now like 70% passed in 09. So I think it can redeem itself. I just wish the public schools got better funding instead they want to have some overly expensive reform. Sad sad!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:54 PM on Sep. 4, 2009

• 48 Liberal Lies About American History, by Larry Schweikart is an EXCELLENT read!
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 9:59 PM on Sep. 4, 2009