when you go to the doctor for a suspected bladder or kidney infection, how do they test you for it??

MomNbabyGirl009

Asked by MomNbabyGirl009 at 7:42 PM on Sep. 4, 2009 in Health

• for a bladder infection u just have to pee in a cup
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:43 PM on Sep. 4, 2009

• Are you having painful urination? Are your kidneys sore in your back, to the touch? If yes, go to the ER right now! They will probably have you give a urine sample, possibly blood, and test those two to see if there is an infection. Kidney infections are SERIOUS. Please, if you have the above symptoms, and/or fever, go to the ER now!
    mollymomofthree

Answer by mollymomofthree at 7:44 PM on Sep. 4, 2009

• i am going to go to urgent care, im waiting on my SO to get home. yes my kidneys (what i think it may be at least) are killing me it hurts to walk, to stand, to do anything! i have to pee often it hurts to pee and there is some blood in it and when i wipe its there too. and its cloudy urine.
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 7:46 PM on Sep. 4, 2009

• do you have a high fever? i've had 2 kidney infections and i had a very high fever! but yeah they just make you pee in a cup
    pookipoo

Answer by pookipoo at 7:48 PM on Sep. 4, 2009

• i had a high fever a couple days ago . but today it has just been 99.9 degrees
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 7:49 PM on Sep. 4, 2009

• Low grade fever, painful urination, frequent urination, blood in urine....usually diagnosed as a urinary tract infection. Until you can get in to a doctor, drink 20 oz. of water every time you pee. You'll keep peeing, but it should help a bit. If you have cranberry juice add a bit to the water.

I've had them so bad that I would cry with the pain and have to urinate every 2 to 3 minutes. Drinking the water would help enough that I could stand the 10 minute ride to the doctor without having to pee.
    michiganmom116

Answer by michiganmom116 at 8:01 PM on Sep. 4, 2009

• Kidney stones. They'll probably do a CAT scan or an MRI. You'll have an IV for fluids to try to flush them, and pain meds.

I was admitted for a few days and ended up with surgery to remove them. I was readmitted after the stint was removed and I had internal swelling causing similar pain to the stones and spent another two days on some REALLY good pain meds.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:29 PM on Sep. 4, 2009

• you have a kidney infection then I have had several adn those are all the symptoms for one good luck and i hope you feel bettter lots of rest and fluids esp cranberry juice should help you recover quicker
    mom2ryneandsam

Answer by mom2ryneandsam at 9:31 PM on Sep. 4, 2009