What do you do with your fat drained from meat?

Just curious. Don't want to dump into the trash, toilet, sink. Any suggestions?

My3RaysofSun

Asked by My3RaysofSun at 7:56 PM on Sep. 4, 2009 in Food & Drink

• well, I pour it into a bowl, let it get hard (as it cools), then throw in a bread bag, and throw in the trash, I don't know what else to do with it, if I had one of those cars than run on grease maybe I'd use it for that but I try not to make greasy stuff, we usually will grill it though
    sylvia-ann

Answer by sylvia-ann at 7:58 PM on Sep. 4, 2009

• I have four dogs so I take it and pour it on their dinner. They love it-it makes dry food a little more exciting I guess.
    Carajust

Answer by Carajust at 8:06 PM on Sep. 4, 2009

• garbage disposal
    jennifercalling

Answer by jennifercalling at 10:18 PM on Sep. 4, 2009

• I keep emptied jars from pickles, etc. and then drain the fat into the jars, put on the lids, and store them under the sink until they're full. Then they go to the garbage can.
    michiganmom116

Answer by michiganmom116 at 10:18 PM on Sep. 4, 2009

• I like the dog food idea!!!

What I do is save a milk carton and fill it with the greese and when it is filled and solid I toss it or another thing I do is carefully cut the top off a pop/beer can and place it in the sink, pour the greese into the can and when it is solid I toss it.
    wheresthewayout

Answer by wheresthewayout at 11:55 PM on Sep. 4, 2009

• Pouring it over dog food is a HORRIBLE idea!! .. I use empty butter dishes, once they get full I throw them out.
    KalebsMommee

Answer by KalebsMommee at 2:02 AM on Sep. 5, 2009

• my dogs love it also
    bleecker

Answer by bleecker at 6:20 AM on Sep. 5, 2009

• I dump it down the sink with hot water and dishsoap, have done this forever and have had no problems. The key part is the dishsoap...squirt the soap directly into the drain while the water is running.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 11:37 AM on Sep. 5, 2009

• i usually run hot water along with the grease down the drain and dap some dish soap along with it.. now with my bacon grease i save it and make gravy with it.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:28 PM on Sep. 5, 2009

• i keep a coffee can, and use it till its full, store it in the back of the fridge, and then when its full i'll throw it out in the trash the day teh trash comes
    ClvDandJ

Answer by ClvDandJ at 9:32 PM on Sep. 5, 2009