gripe water

Has anyone used gripe water for spitup, if so, did it work? It is getting out of control.

vickwu

Asked by vickwu at 7:56 PM on Sep. 4, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• how much is your baby spitting up?
    crazy4u49033

Answer by crazy4u49033 at 7:58 PM on Sep. 4, 2009

• She spits up a lot. She is on Zantac to help calm the stomach acid. We have tried other formulas. I do all the physical stuff like burp frequently, keep her upright after eating for awhile among all the other things. The doctor knows she spits up a ton but she is not to worried because she is gaining weight and growing well. But when I, myself have to change clothes about 5-8 times a day, that is insane. She is 6 months but we have been going through this since she was about a month old. I thought it would get better since she is on baby food and ceral but nothing seems to work. I was reading about gripe water and it says it can help with reflux. Just wondering if anyone had any good luck with it and spit up.
    vickwu

Answer by vickwu at 8:02 PM on Sep. 4, 2009

• Never heard of it.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:02 PM on Sep. 4, 2009

• I'm not sure I can help but my daughter is 6 months old too and we absolutely cannot move her around a lot after she eats or she spits up too. She has been that way since the day we brought her home. I've never used gripe water before, actually I've neve heard of it. After we get done feeding her we don't do bouncing or too much movement unless we are changing her sitting position. maybe you should try that, hope it helps
    tristin23

Answer by tristin23 at 8:38 PM on Sep. 4, 2009

• I tried it and it didn't help. Some people swear by it but not me. Everything I tried didn't seem to help but she just outgrew everything naturally
    msfila1980

Answer by msfila1980 at 9:02 PM on Sep. 4, 2009

• Thanks trisin23, but we do that as well. No matter what we do she still spits up. I just really do not know what to do. The doctor said that they out grow it by around 6 months, sometimes by 12 month and usually by the latest of 18 months.
    vickwu

Answer by vickwu at 9:02 PM on Sep. 4, 2009

• I just started using gripe water on my daughter and it works wonders!!!! she has been on zantac and prilosec and neither worked for her but this did! My doctor also put her on similac alimentum....itts expensive but it also works for reflux. Also we put rice cereal in her bottle to thicken it and that REALLY helped with her spitting up. We didnt want to because we heard it wasnt good but the doctor recommended it for babies with reflux, thicker fluids helps it stay down better. Between the gripe water and the thickened formula she is doing WONDERFUL!!!!
    faithm127

Answer by faithm127 at 10:03 PM on Sep. 4, 2009

• Thanks everyone. We did try thickening her formula like the doctor suggested but she still spit up tons. I did buy a bottle of gripe water tonight so I will try it tomorrow.
    vickwu

Answer by vickwu at 12:09 AM on Sep. 5, 2009

• Let me know how it works for you! I just started it 3 days ago so im a little new to it as well =)
    faithm127

Answer by faithm127 at 8:29 AM on Sep. 5, 2009

• i used it on my little girl and it help her alot
    kieramommy

Answer by kieramommy at 12:56 AM on Sep. 6, 2009