can you go into labor with out your water breaking or knowing you lost the mucous plug and have lower cramping and lower back pain....at 35 weeks?

I have lower back pain and lower abdominal cramping for over 13 hours but I am not having what I thought and have been told "contractions" I can get comfortalbe no matter what i do, tylenol is not helpinig and the pressure is really low and feels worse when i stand up.

PTBAAMom

Asked by PTBAAMom at 3:53 PM on Jun. 23, 2008 in Pregnancy

• It could be, always best to check with your Dr. The Dr had to break my water both times and with the twins I went in but was not sure if I was in labor I just was really sore and didn't feel right for 2 days and when I went in I was already to 4. Good Luck!
    klpeter

Answer by klpeter at 3:56 PM on Jun. 23, 2008

• I had lower back pain and cramping for the last 2 months of my second pregnancy, but when I actually had premature contractions I felt different, can't explain how, just felt weird. You should call your doctor to be safe!!
    Bethsunshine

Answer by Bethsunshine at 4:04 PM on Jun. 23, 2008

• The nurses had to break my water while I was in labor because it would not go on it's own. Also, loosing the mucus plug is not really a true indicator of labor. Some women lose it earlier than others and some never lose it. The lower back and abdominal cramping do sound like contractions but they could be minor and not really the real deal just yet. I would just call your doctor and let them know what is going on.
    coolmawmy

Answer by coolmawmy at 4:17 PM on Jun. 23, 2008

• YOU Can go into labor without your water brakeing my plug came out 3 weeks prior to giving birth i thought it would be a couple of days and he would come out. this was not ture the cramping just means your baby is moving farther down. for me i was a week over due and they would not take the baby out i pleeded with the doctors i became so fustrated and uncomfertable the last 2 days i intenchonally drank caster oil and sex and walked as much as possible only to open me up this helped but even when i was in labor my water did not break the doctor poped the water sack witch gave me much relif if and when your water breaks wither on its own or buy a doctor depending how much water you have you will feel relif.they will monitor the centameters drop at 1 or 2 cenn. you will be ready to push tip as soon as your water brakes you can go from 10,cnn. to 1 or 2 instantanily
    yumymommy

Answer by yumymommy at 4:27 PM on Jun. 23, 2008

• With my last two my water did not break until I was in the hospital ready to kill someone with contractions.
    charlie06

Answer by charlie06 at 5:42 PM on Jun. 23, 2008

• Yes you can go into labor with out your water breaking. I'm sure there are women who mistake their mucus plug for increades discharge as well. If you are uncomfortable and having really bad back aches maybe try to sequester yourself to a nice comfortable quiet room and see if you can time the waves of increased discomfort to see if they are contractions, otherwise call your dr and they may have you come and get checked. The trouble with that is you get your hopes up and then they send you home. It's gets really frustrating to be sent home over and over.
    misty1_sd

Answer by misty1_sd at 6:04 PM on Jun. 23, 2008

• two words for you BACK LABOR. Yes you can go into labor without losing the plug or breaking the water.I'd call your doc and be sure. Kewl story I have to share my lamaze instructor saw a baby born with the bag of water completely intact. One time, but how weird huh.
    Anonymous

• My water broke as my son was being born!
    I had back contractions for a while. My doctor gave me some pain pills to take and that helped, a lot. I noticed you also posted about the UTI. UTI an d back contractions can go hand in hand.
    SpiderLizz

Answer by SpiderLizz at 11:13 AM on Jun. 24, 2008