How can I cure my 2 months old diaper rash??

My 2 months old baby sleeps in his belly and he got rash between his legs and penis area. The rash between his two legs are bad because he moves a lot and that area is very complicated to clean when is so red and irritated.
What can I do??? Please help me! I am using creams but is not improving. I also used corn powder but nothing work.

GPT1407

Asked by GPT1407 at 8:21 PM on Sep. 4, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• call your doctor it is probably a yeast infection but keep using the creams and use a warm washcloth with just water to wipe him the stuff in the wipes you buy will sting on diaper rash
    katiekruschke

Answer by katiekruschke at 8:23 PM on Sep. 4, 2009

• i think you can try using monistat cream in the mean time but i would call the pedi first
    katiekruschke

Answer by katiekruschke at 8:24 PM on Sep. 4, 2009

• At 2 months ababy should be sleeping on their back, at least I have always heard that it is recommended until they can roll over on their own. Because they do not have head control and if they get stuck in a face down position by accident while sleeping they can suffocate. I have just always heard that this is associated with alot of SIDS cases. Have you tried putting him down on his back after swaddling?
    truthteller0722

Answer by truthteller0722 at 8:26 PM on Sep. 4, 2009

• Burts bee's diaper ointment.
    sopheeahsmommy

Answer by sopheeahsmommy at 8:27 PM on Sep. 4, 2009

• At every diaper change rinse him with cool water and let him air dry before diapering him. Try keeping him as dry as possible until it clears up. And don't use wipes That's what I would do when my son got a rash. Then at night when he may be in a wet diaper longer, use A&D as a barrier for wetness.
    Bmanda352

Answer by Bmanda352 at 8:32 PM on Sep. 4, 2009

• my daughter CANNOT use any kind of diaper rash cream. She would get red in the diaper area so we'd put cream on it, any kind, you name it we used it, we used powder and nothing helped. Then one day it was so bad that I filled up the sink with water and let her sit in it for a while, when I took her out I layed her on a blanket and let her butt air dry really good. Then i put only powder on her. I've never used any kind of cream since then and she has never gotten another rash.
    tristin23

Answer by tristin23 at 8:44 PM on Sep. 4, 2009

• Try wiping him with a wet rag with a little baby soap after diaper changes. It usually gets it a little cleaner that the wipes and will help with the clearing up faster. Then if it is very red looking get over the counter monistat cream and put that on. If it is yeast it will clear it up in a few days then use one of the real thick creams like desitin original or triple paste and goop it on there real good. That should help until y ou can get to the doctor if you can't get it under control. Good Luck
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:51 PM on Sep. 4, 2009

• Make sure to rinse off the soap if you do that though...
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:09 PM on Sep. 4, 2009

• Maalox works great. thats what my doc said to use on my dd when she had a bad rash...just wash the rash part with a wash rag..not a wipe...and let it dry. then add the maalox with cotton ball and then put diaper on.
    MoMMy2aDiVA08

Answer by MoMMy2aDiVA08 at 9:16 PM on Sep. 4, 2009

• Mylanta or Maalox will help that! My daughter has consistent diaper rash because her pee has a high amount of acid in it. The Mylanta neutralizes it. You can mix it with a little bacitracin (sp?) ointment to give it a little consistency.
    Another suggestion is to look at the % in the zinc oxide creams. Most only have 5% but I have found that our local CVS pharmacy has a store brand that is 40%. It helps a lot more!
    kristal2146

Answer by kristal2146 at 9:44 PM on Sep. 4, 2009