how much would you give

I am the maid of honor at my bf's wedding........ I absolutely love her to death...... and will (well and have)done anything for her!! How much would you give as a wedding gift..... I am a SaHM and $$$ is tight right now with just having paid for the shower, gift, dress and all.... but there was NO way that I would said NO to such an honorable position and knowing that I mean so much to her!!!
.............so ...... how much is too little and how much is toooo much? that is my dilema!!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:26 PM on Sep. 4, 2009 in Money & Work

• im really not sure so dont take my word for it. but i think you should give at least $50-100
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 8:44 PM on Sep. 4, 2009

• I think if they were a true friend she will understand how much you can give due to circumstances, cause as you said, if it were in your power you would give them the world.
    IraqiVetWife

Answer by IraqiVetWife at 8:49 PM on Sep. 4, 2009

• Why do you have to give a gift? Friends don't expect friends to go into debt for them.

Answer by rkoloms at 8:52 PM on Sep. 4, 2009

• My DD just got married Aug.1, her bridemaids dresses were 150.00,their gift was being in the wedding,although all of them did take part in her bridal shower. We also helped a couple of ladies with their dresses.
    lady-t3984

Answer by lady-t3984 at 9:02 PM on Sep. 4, 2009

• She really isn't expecting anything from you. Being in her wedding and being a good friend is enough of a gift!! I know, cheesy answer, but true;) Have a great time at the wedding!!
    theutilitarian

Answer by theutilitarian at 9:06 PM on Sep. 4, 2009

• My maid of honor didn't get me a gift. She'll understand how difficult times are right now, but if you feel like you need to give her something get her something you feel she would love. It doesn't have to cost a lot of money.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:59 PM on Sep. 4, 2009

• Your gift to her is standing up with her at her wedding. You paid for her shower and for the dress, she couldn't possibly also expect a gift on top of all of that. I know that my maid of honor didn't get me a gift, nor did I think that she would.
    slw123

Answer by slw123 at 10:20 PM on Sep. 4, 2009

• wow... thank you all for these great answers... it has made me feel a lot better on making my decission!! You ALL are right!!! I thank you all again and will be posting pics later.... I know we will be having lots of fun!! thank you all!!
    traceym1226

Answer by traceym1226 at 7:14 AM on Sep. 8, 2009