For those of you who get their kids vaccinated

Do any of you have problems with ur SO when it comes time for your LO to get their shots? My 2 month old son just had to get his shots today and the dr said that he needed 4 so at first I was a little iffy because I have never had to get any of my other kids 4 at the same time, it was always 2 or 3, but when he told me it was better to get all 4 at once (the pain and fever once is better than twice he said) I decided to go ahead with it, so when I got home and told DH that he had the 4, he freaks out and starts talking about pumping too much meds into the baby and how he doesn't want to hear anything about the baby crying all night, that Im just gonna have to deal with it.... ugh men... so have any of you had vaccination disagreements with ur SO, if so how did you solve it?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:29 PM on Sep. 4, 2009 in General Parenting

• He's lashing out at you for protecting the child you have together? Unless you've already had a child that had a bad reaction to the vaccines, sounds like he's throwing a temper tantrum. Maybe it's a control battle. If he's flipping his lid over this, ten to one says that's not the real issue. Sit down and talk to him and figure out what the deep rooted issue is.

legalmommy101

Answer by legalmommy101 at 8:36 PM on Sep. 4, 2009

• I just tell my hubby that's what the doc recommends and he doesn't disagree. I think the docs know more than my husband does or ever will about vaccinations
    msfila1980

Answer by msfila1980 at 8:41 PM on Sep. 4, 2009

• no
    truthteller0722

Answer by truthteller0722 at 8:46 PM on Sep. 4, 2009

• My husband trusts me to not do anything to knowingly harm our children. If I told him I did something with/to them, he'd not have gone off on me in such a manner since he trusts me with our children.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:46 PM on Sep. 4, 2009

• You really shouldn't get a young child 4 vaccinations in one day. There are multiple reasons for this but I think the one reason that all mom's can agree with is, if your child has a bad reaction, you have no way of knowing which vaccine caused the reaction.

In addition, there are other chemicals used in the vaccines as preservatives, some of them toxic, too much of these toxins in one day can be too much for your child's small body to handle.

Sounds like your DH is truly concerned but doesn't know how to express himself or handle his emotions very well. He should at least get credit for effort.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:50 PM on Sep. 4, 2009

• And the anti-vaxers rear their ugly head.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:57 PM on Sep. 4, 2009

• I have to say that i believe that your husband's instincts are correct.

I can't urge you strongly enough to do your own research!! Do not base your decision on opinions or gut instinct. Many people read the same information and have differing conclusions. Our conclusions were that the preservatives are toxic and the interaction between the vaccines can be dangerous; we also feel that teeny bodies can handle only so much intrusion at a time.

We choose to selectively vaccinate on a delayed schedule. The first vax was after our daughter turned one. We never did more than one vax per office visist. We had the office order single dose, preservative free vaccines; we concluded that the additives to the vaccines and the interactions between the vaccines posed the greatest danger. We skipped flu, chicken pox, and a couple of others. We always read the insert before allowing the shot to be given.

Answer by rkoloms at 8:57 PM on Sep. 4, 2009

• When my kids were that little we they sometimes had to get 4 shots in one day. Actually my son just got 3 shots and a tb test, one right after the other, earlier this week. He is just fine and forgot about it within few hours and he's 4! If you or DH is really worried about it then do your own research and tell the doctor what you want done. But it sounds more like what legalmommy said it is to me.
    momie_of_munch2

Answer by momie_of_munch2 at 10:20 PM on Sep. 4, 2009

• If he is THAT concerned maybe he should be going to the doctor's appointments with you and voicing his concern with the doctors instead of lashing out at you. If he was actually there maybe he would understand more why you did what you did.
    KalebsMommee

Answer by KalebsMommee at 10:26 PM on Sep. 4, 2009

• Nope, my hubs trusts our pediatrician and would not have a problem with me deciding what vaccines to do when. Recently our almost 11yr old had his Tdap booster and we were offered the meningitis (sp??) vaccine too, I decided to wait till next year as my son was not quite 11. My pediatrician and my hubs were both accepting of my decision.
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 11:07 PM on Sep. 4, 2009