when leaving a daycare do you really have to give two weeks

My son is currently at a daycare that i really dont like. I found a new but i start work on the 14th and want to start him there next week. I get childcare assistance so i cant put him there unless i leave the other one. the state wont cover the two weeks hes not there i will have to..if i just pull him out can she take me to court to pay ? i know it sounds mean but 20 i cant afford to make 500 for 2 weeks he wansnt there..i dont know what to do.

dml11508

Asked by dml11508 at 8:50 PM on Sep. 4, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Do you have a contract or other paperwork from when you signed up with this Daycare? If so, check to see what it says.

Unfortunately, I really don't know about the laws for this kind of thing, or what state you are in.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:52 PM on Sep. 4, 2009

• It depends on the contract.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:55 PM on Sep. 4, 2009

• i know for me i have to give her two weeks if not then i have to pay her for the time that they are supposed to be there.....if you dont pay her yes she can take u to court if u signed a paper saying so....good luck
    mama2my2boys

Answer by mama2my2boys at 9:39 PM on Sep. 4, 2009

• she can only make you pay for it if you signed a childcare contract with her. Otherwise there's no written agreement so your in the clear.
    If you do have an agreeement, tell her NOW that you'll be pulling him in 2 weeks, and get him enrolled in the other one! Childcare assistance takes forever to switch information so do it ASAP. Get all your paperwork for the new daycare into the assistance office BEFORE the change takes place, it will make everything go SOOOO much smoother.
    kristal2146

Answer by kristal2146 at 9:49 PM on Sep. 4, 2009

• Check your enrollment papers and see what kind of contract you're in. Then get your paperwork started and give your notice right away, just to make sure you don't end up paying for time he's not there. When I pulled our daughter out of daycare I had to pay through the end of the month we were in (2 weeks), because they required 2 weeks notice, except in cases where there was some kind of medical reason why the kid couldn't attend anymore.
    raybird1031

Answer by raybird1031 at 10:01 PM on Sep. 4, 2009

• i had to give 2wks
    charisma10

Answer by charisma10 at 10:15 PM on Sep. 4, 2009

• my paperwork said 2 weeks. I think that is the norm. If you feel your child is in an unsafe environment, you can talk to the director and see what could be worked out.
    vickwu

Answer by vickwu at 12:35 AM on Sep. 5, 2009