Infection Question ( Im REALLY CONCERNED..Please Help)

I went to the dentist for a toothache and he extracted a tooth. 2 visits and 3 weeks later after me complaining to him about severe pain he told told that the extraction was healed and he didnt know why I was in pain still so I saw another dentist. I then found out that not only did the first dentist extract the wrong tooth he left the root in of the tooth that was extracted and I had an infection. I lost my dental insurance in the meantime and havent been able to get the problem fixed. Its been 2 months now and I have been swollen, having headaches, and problems with my nose. Is it possible the dental infection spread? If thats possible what do I do about it and what could happen if its not corrected?

Please help, Im really concerned about my health and without insurance I dont know what to do.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:55 PM on Sep. 4, 2009 in Health

• Yes it can spread and it can kill you. I suggest getting to a doctor ASAP and worry about how you'll pay for it later. Sometimes you can apply for assistance at the hospital to reduce your bill or have the entire bill waived. I wouldn't wait much longer.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 9:05 PM on Sep. 4, 2009

• A dentist did someithg similar to my sister she threatened to call the better busniess bureo and sue him. He paid to have it fixed by another doctor. ANd they left it at that.
    DevilInPigtails

Answer by DevilInPigtails at 9:09 PM on Sep. 4, 2009

• Sounds like it has abscessed. Which is really bad, it can infect your bloodstream and go straight to your heart or brain. Like the previous poster said, go to the dr. and worry about the bill later. I would see about suing the dentist that pulled the wrong tooth and left the roots even. He may have caused you more issues than what you started with!
    Bmanda352

Answer by Bmanda352 at 9:11 PM on Sep. 4, 2009

• it could also be Trigeminal Neuralgia... that tends to start off with what we think is a dental problem but turns out to be something completely different... might want to google that
    cat1622

Answer by cat1622 at 11:21 PM on Sep. 4, 2009