did your belly button "fall off" after giving birth?

im about six weeks pp and for about three weeks my belly button has been scabbing over i cant see any cuts or abrasions though.

i had a c-section if that means anything...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:17 PM on Sep. 4, 2009 in Pregnancy

• ? Is it hard like an actual scab or just brown in color?? What happened with me is that all around my belly button ( i have it pierced) turned brown.. it was pretty dark considering i'm light skinned. It still is a little brown on my piercing area.. but as for the actual belly button it isn't anymore.. my sound crazy but i scrubbed it with a q-tip & alcohol... and it worked.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:27 PM on Sep. 4, 2009

• uhm wtf your belly button shouldnt fall off... if it popped out it was herniated and they should of put it back during your c section...it could just be dry try putting lotion on it.
    Anonymous

• unless its hard little scabs its probably just your hormones. It's normal in pregnancy and will go away after you have the baby. But be prepared, it will keep getting darker and takes a while to go away. Cocoa butter helped mine lighten up, but I still have a couple little dark spots that never really went away, and my daughter is 1. Doesn't help that I'm pregnant again LOL!!
    kristal2146

Answer by kristal2146 at 9:39 PM on Sep. 4, 2009

• It's actually scabs. It comes off when rubbed with HO2 but is generally back within a day.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:54 PM on Sep. 4, 2009

• Mine did the same thing just like it was a thick layer of dead skin or something, it's freaky though. I though mine would never look normal again, but it does, thank god:)
    shawneewaiting

Answer by shawneewaiting at 10:09 PM on Sep. 4, 2009

• It's just your hormones. This happens to me early in pregnancy and then after delivery. It was the reason I took a pregnancy test in the first place. It will clear up when your hormones balance out. Keep it clean adn you can apply antibiotic ointment to keep it from getting worse or infected.
    luvbnmomnwife

Answer by luvbnmomnwife at 11:03 AM on Sep. 5, 2009